Problems With Coby Kyros MID7048

bratpack19

Jul 14, 2013
Hi,

I have Coby Kyros mid7048 and the problem is every time i used my camera it's stated "insert SD card before using the camera" but i have my external SD card inserted and mounted, and it's so weird that i can play music from my SD card.

And my other problem is that my computer cannot detect the device.

Please help me.

Noob here.. :confused::confused::confused:

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
More details please. Are you rooted? Did you make any modifications to the device? What did you do to get you to this point?

bratpack19

Jul 14, 2013
Ahmm actually this device was given to me, So i don't know what he did.

What i did was reset the tab to factory settings, wipe all the data on it. Then tried to insert the external SD card again still not working. Then i rooted the tablet and still not working.

Should i update the android OS to jelly bean if i could ??? The device current version is 4.0.3

Thanks for the reply...

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Find out. However, I suspect the original owner rooted the tablet and edited the vold.fstab file. If so, the storage is totally messed up, with no way to fix it even if the original file is replaced.

You'll have to send the tablet back to Coby, unless there is a method of fixing the problem I'm not aware of.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
There are no updates, Coby doesn't up their tablets. This problem has been reported many times, it happens when users mess with storage modifiy vold.fstab or try to move apps to sdcard.

There is no fix or at least no one has posted one a quick search of the forums or google will show several results. To be able to fix the problem I would need to have the tablet in my hand, then make modifications until the tablet repeat what has been reported. But I don't have this model so a user that has it will have to find a way to fix it, I am sure there is a fix just no ideal what it is.

Sent from my CM9 Coby 9740 using Android Tablet

bazooka beth tezuka

Aug 20, 2014
I have this same problem, but I JUST got a week ago. Haven't rooted, haven't putzed with file hierarchy. I posted in a different, but similar, thread with this: Tried formatting SD card in FAT32, exFAT, and NTFS; tried rebooting tablet, resetting tablet, restoring tablet to factory settings. Nothing.

Seriously, I haven't tempted fate with this thing at all. It's a 32gb card, which is the max compatibility with the tablet. The only thing I can think of is that the manual says the metal should be facing AWAY from the LCD screen, but uh, the card only fits in the device with the metal TOWARDS the screen, but I assumed this was just a problem with whatever technical writer they hired (or didn't, I guess).

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Did you have to force the MicroSD into the slot when you had it in the "contacts up" position? If you did, you likely damaged the MicroSD slot, as the slots are designed to accept the card in only one direction, usually away from the screen.

I only know of one device that has the contacts facing the screen, and it's not even a tablet, but a Garmin GPS receiver.

bazooka beth tezuka

Aug 20, 2014
I wish this crap was in person so I could show you. But it doesn't even begin to go in contacts-down (so i don't force it), and it pops in like microSD cards usually do contacts-up.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I wish this crap was in person so I could show you. But it doesn't even begin to go in contacts-down (so i don't force it), and it pops in like microSD cards usually do contacts-up.
There isn't anything I can think of to make your tablet read your sdcard, either it does or it don't. Coby tablets used many different parts from different tablets, so your sdcard port could be upside down, it could also be empty, just a slot without a reader.