Problems with Google Tablet

daddylee

Jan 28, 2013
Hi

I have had various problems with a tablet I purchased just before Christmas. It doesn’t let me down load apps from Google play, also the screen keeps freezing & saying internet explorer not responding, wait or close. I have tried using Panda & this site gave me a virus. Have also tried 1mobile & it let me download apps for a few days but now doesn’t work & is just keeps saying network error.

Also it now will not let me transfer music from my pc to the tablet & keeps coming up with an error 0600 & something about parameter.

Can anyone help? I have been told its not the actual tablet but maybe issue with the software

Thanks

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

Fiest of all I think it is unlikely that you are getting an error stating the Internet Explorer is having a problem. You may want to look at that again because Internet Explorer doesn't run on Android. What browser are you using, the one that came with the tablet?

Some of the issues you are having may, (or may not) be related to your Internet connection. If so I have a link re: WiFi issues below that may help. There are also quite a few other places you can download apps as some tablets don't natively support the Google Store.

This link may help http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...atives-google-play-store-amazon-appstore.html

daddylee

Jan 28, 2013
Thanks leeshor, yes it is the browser that came with the tablet that I am using. It just keeps freezing & I have to close the app or whatever Im using on the tablet. I brought this for my son so he plays quite a few games & is always listening to music etc

Ok thanks I will check the alternative sites out. Also Im having a problem using Skype, my son uses the tablet to video call me on my mobile & he can see me ok but I cannot see him. Is there something on the tablet I have to change to enable video call? or is it worth using FRING instead?

Thanks

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
In the Skype settings there is an option that needs to be checked for using video for the calls. An of course you need a front facing camera and Skype needs to be able to identify the camera.

On the browsing issue there may be a problem with the browser cache but I suggest you try Dolphin Browser. It works best if you go into the settings and set it to request desktop mode.

daddylee

Jan 28, 2013
Thanks, also any idea on the music issue & why the tablet will not allow me to transfer songs from my pc to the tablet?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Thanks, also any idea on the music issue & why the tablet will not allow me to transfer songs from my pc to the tablet?

There is a lack of details in that question but I suggest you look into 2 apps at Google. WiFi File Explorer and WiFi file Transfer. You will probably be able to do all you are wanting/needing with those 2.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Welcome to the forum!

For music, my favorite solution is Google Music. Basically, upload your music to the cloud from your computer (up to 20,000 songs). You can even export from iTunes if you use that. Then, you can get to all of your music through the Play Music app on the tablet. Not sure if your tablet comes with the Play Store and Play Music installed.

Once you get your songs uploaded, you can listen to them on the tablet. You can even make songs, artists, albums, genre's and playlists available for offline use as long as you have storage room.

Google Music is live in the US, UK and I believe most of Europe.

Head over here to check it out: http://music.google.com

You can also look in the tablet settings at Settings - Storage - Tap the menu button in the top right (3 stacked boxes) - USB Connection Settings - PTP Connection. If you have that option, try that setting and see if it will allow you to connect and transfer music.