Problems with screen timeout

Kiminy

Nov 22, 2011
I have had an Acer Iconia A500 for about three months. Overall, I like it a lot, and I'm very comfortable with it. However, there is one very annoying bug and I'm curious to know if I'm the only one who has experienced it and to find a solution (if possible): The device consistently resets to a 15-second screen timeout. I use the device frequently for reading textbooks, and I can't keep touching the screen every ten seconds to keep it from going to sleep. I go through settings to change the Timeout time (Settings/Screen/Timeout) to five or ten minutes. Occasionally, the setting will "stick" until it finally times out and I can use the tablet normally. Most of the time though, it reverts back to 15 seconds immediately, even before I close the Settings window.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there another way to change the default timeout time?

Kim

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Not seen anything like that posted here.
If you get it to stick, then reboot, long-press the power button, is it guaranteed to be reset when you reboot?

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
I haven't that issue either. I've set mine for 30 minutes. There is the ability to adjust the intensity of the display. I have mine set quite low.