Problems with Transformer camera

gteh

Jun 27, 2011
Hoping to get some feedback from other Asus transformer owners about the camera.

I love the tablet and am happy with it but there is one major issue. The quality of the camera!!!

All pictures taken with the back camera (5mp) whether video or still pictures, look like pure crap. They are so pixelated/grainy . My old cell phone (not smart phone) from 6 years ago took better pictures than this.

I didn't get it FOR the camera, but it would be nice to have a camera that at least took decent pictures.

Anyone else notice this problem? Are there any optimizations I can do to improve the quality?

DJACID

May 7, 2011
Taking pictures or videos outside look great but in door not so good,There are some apps in the Market,Was looking at getting the HDR one to lighten the picture once taken

gwc17

Jun 28, 2011
Just recently new 2 weeks to Asus EeePad, but my camera result both front & back are better than I was expecting. ( I use a digital camera every day so understand what is quality.)
Video's are recording and running very smooth....Being a new Asus the OS was 3.1 so this may have been the improvement ?.

TDsoundwave

Sep 18, 2011
I just bought the tablet last week and I have to say I am disappointed with the camera quality. It will do the job but lets not kid ourselves. . . anyway, i have a digital camera and no one would seriously use a huge tablet as thier default camera.

Fusioncept

Jul 24, 2011
I'll agree to the fact that the camera quality is MUCH better outside. It is definitely "meant" for outdoor use.

Sent from my Transformer TF101