Problems with Video playback

darksider

Nov 30, 2011
So I have a few video files (mkv) that are 720p, and unfortunately everytime I try to play them, they are really lagging. I have tried different decoding techniques, and I still can not get them to play properly. They are on the internal storage, so I can not imagine that it would be a problem with "buffering," but I am not sure. Is there a good decoder in the market maybe that can correct this issue?

Android Tablet:

Type: Acer Iconia a500
App: Tried several Mobo, mixzing, and mx video player

I had to download the codecs in order for them to play. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Darksider

D

dvdcatalyst

So I have a few video files (mkv) that are 720p, and unfortunately everytime I try to play them, they are really lagging. I have tried different decoding techniques, and I still can not get them to play properly. They are on the internal storage, so I can not imagine that it would be a problem with "buffering," but I am not sure. Is there a good decoder in the market maybe that can correct this issue?

Android Tablet:

Type: Acer Iconia a500
App: Tried several Mobo, mixzing, and mx video player

I had to download the codecs in order for them to play. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Darksider

Dice Player might be the best one to try, but the problem you are running into is that the video files you have are using settings that are not supported by the build-in video playback acceleration hardware. Things like cabac and reference frame count are all things that the Tegra2 isn't too happy with, so the files need to be played using a software decoding engine (mobo, dice, rock etc).

With Dice Player you might be able to get them to play, but likely other MKV's will have similar playback issues. The most sure way to play your movies is to convert them into a format that is either supported properly by the hardware, or convert them to a format that is less processor intensive, such as avi/divx/xvid.

Pompeybear

Dec 16, 2010
You are probably already doing this, on mx player on left hand side of screen , change it to SW rather than HW.