Process Com.Google.Process.gapps error! Help!

mikekoz

May 15, 2011
I am getting this random error on my Coby 7015a. The error pops up as "Process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly". I just hit "force close" and the error is gone. It does not seem to be keeping anything from working, but it is annoying! Here is the history of what I have done to my tablet:

1. Rooted using Z4root...That went fine
2. Installed the graphics fix...still OK!
3. Installed the Market.....STILL OK!!
4. "Accounts and sync" was not showing up under settings, so I copied over some files posted on this forum, rebooted, and this resolved that problem....but...that is when this error started to pop up. These files were copied to "System/apps" on the device. Most were the same files installed by the Market patch.
5. Deleted all files installed by the market and the files copied over from the other post, reinstalled the Market, and the errors were no more! But now, the Market did not work. I would get an error stating that background data needs to be enabled. Note that this worked fine when the "Accounts and Sync" option was not there
6. Reinstalled the "Accounts and sync" apk, and the settings returned, but so did the errors.

I do not know if this helps, but when I go to "Accounts and sync", and I enable "Auto sync", there is an error on the screen stating "Sync is experiencing problems, but will be back shortly"

Any help would be appreciated!
Mike

Last edited:

mikekoz

May 15, 2011
So nobody else has had this problem????:confused: Would anybody at least recommend doing the Data Factory Reset that is under the Privacy options in Settings? I do not mind reinstaling apps, but since this tablet is rooted, I was wondering if this is a good idea, or if doing this would un-root it!

mikekoz

May 15, 2011
Problem resolved!! Somebody over at the XDA forum had a group of files posted that resolved the issue. I just copied them into the system\apps folder and restarted my device!!

kcustomizing

May 26, 2011
Can you post exactly how you fixed this problem? I'm currently having the same issue and cannot find how to fix it. Thank you!

mikekoz

May 15, 2011
First go here and download the file.
[Solved] com.google.process.gapps error - xda-developers

The files are compressed, so you will have to extract them using Winrar, Winzip, 7zip, or some other app. Copy the files to the SD card of your coby. Using root exporer, copy all of these files to system\apps on the 7015. Restart your tablet! Oddly enough, copying over files like this from another post started the problem. Evidently, the 7015 likes the versions of the Google apps in this post better than the others!

mikekoz

May 15, 2011
One more thing.....I did not have to change any file permissions when I did this. The instructions in the post I linked to said to do so.

mikekoz

May 15, 2011
You may want to backup the files in your system\apps folder before you do this just to play it safe.

kcustomizing

May 26, 2011
Okay, so I unzipped the files and have them on my sd card, but I don't have root explorer on my tablet. With this error message that comes up, I can't download any files from the market or anything off of the internet onto my tablet. Can I somehow put these files in with the terminal emulator? And how do I do that? I'm a newbie at all this stuff and with all this stuff going wrong, I need instructions! lol If you can help, I'd appreciate it! Thanks!

mikekoz

May 15, 2011
Okay, so I unzipped the files and have them on my sd card, but I don't have root explorer on my tablet. With this error message that comes up, I can't download any files from the market or anything off of the internet onto my tablet. Can I somehow put these files in with the terminal emulator? And how do I do that? I'm a newbie at all this stuff and with all this stuff going wrong, I need instructions! lol If you can help, I'd appreciate it! Thanks!

There may be a way of copying using the terminal emulator, but I do not know how to do it! Try doing a Google search for "Root Explorer.apk" and it should bring up links to web pages like this one:

Root Explorer 2.13.2 apk | Free Mobile Messenger

You can download the install file for the application from there. I am not sure if this is the most recent version of the app, but it may not matter. Download the apk file to your hard drive, then to the sd card on your Coby, then run it using any file manager you have on your tablet. You have to have "Unknown Sources" checked in the SETTINGS-APPLICATIONS menu for this to work. Tap on the file and it should install Root Explorer. This should give you access to the "System\Apps" folder on your device. Root Explorer does not have any instructions, but it seems easy enough to use. There may be some instructions on their webpage. Just be careful when using it and do not delete anything you shouldn't! You can backup the original files in this folder somewhere before you copy the others over. I just copied all of them and let them overwrite the originals. You will see an option somewhere in Root Explorer to copy multiple files over at once. Hope this helps!

kcustomizing

May 26, 2011
Thanks to your help, I finally got my apps problem fixed!!! I downloaded a free root explorer from appslib yesterday and was able to fix my apps problem and now I can finally download apps from the market again! Thank you so much for all of your help!!

mikekoz

May 15, 2011
Now I am getting a "process.com Android.Vending" error, and the Market will not open. This was working fine and I have not installed anything since I ran the fix to get rid of the other error! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!