Program like LOGMEIN.com to work on tablet...or is there another program like this?

queenwolf2

Dec 7, 2010
I want to buy an android tablet to be able to access files for clients when I am not home. I can do that with my Galaxy, BUT it is too small and I would prefer the tablet size. I dont want to buy the Galaxy and have a monthly charge. I had bought the Huawei and it worked really nice...but Lgomein doest not suppor it so I could not use it onthe tablet. I did not get this because it is android based and it worked fine on the android phone AND I was able to download it to the Huawei, but it would not sign me in. Their teckie then told me they dont support any tablets yet. I took the Huawei back but now am wondering if there is another program beside LOGMEIN that would work on a tablet.

any help appreciated.

otherwise, back to a mini puter.

thank you for any help.

can also email me direct - [email protected]

THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP...

I am a bit teckNO challenged and found out about logmein from this site when I first got my phone...so hopeing someone will now something.

again thanx

steveb625

Dec 18, 2010
Not a direct answer to your question but I use LOGMEIN on my Archos 9 tablet running Windows 7 Home Premium. I think (not 100% sure) that LMI is Flash based so that could be an issue. The A9 is very useful as a remote work tablet. It takes some getting used to as the virtual keyboard is smaller than standard.

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Nor is this a direct answer. There is an app called PhonemyPC which can be installed. It is similar to logmein or GotomyPC.

I have not used it since the beta on my G1. It works. which I think is the answer you want. And that was on an old Android version.

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
I can't comment on how successful this works on an android tablet, but I do know that LogMeIn.com does have an app for Android - https://secure.logmein.com/welcome/android/

My work has a business account with LogMeIn, so if I can get the .APK for it... I can test it out on my tablet and tell you how it works queenwolf2

mgr52

Nov 11, 2010
fever a supermod? man we are no longer equals, I don't know if I can even engage a conversation with you.....jk congrats!

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
We are all equals =]

Sent from my Gentouch using Android Tablet Forum App

npmt

Dec 6, 2010
It is PhoneMyPC, i prefer it over logmein. I felt logmein allows more intrusions, for example, you can use any browsers to access your Desktop. Then again, Remote Desktop is never safe. Anyway, PhoneMyPC is faster, but only works with Windows

Nor is this a direct answer. There is an app called PhonemyPC which can be installed. It is similar to logmein or GotomyPC.

I have not used it since the beta on my G1. It works. which I think is the answer you want. And that was on an old Android version.

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Tapatalk

ncandroid

Feb 21, 2011
I have the Archos 101 the 10 inch version running the Android OS not Windows. I am a recruiter; and I am looking to use my Archos tablet when I am away from my office to remotely access a program on my laptop that is a Resume Database of over 40,000 resumes. Not only would I want to access the database; but I would like to add notes to the database remotely from my Archos tablet. Can anyone suggest a safe and secure program or solution that would allow me to do this if one exists? Thank you.

ssgood

Mar 4, 2011
If you still don't know LogMeIn Ignition Will let you access from any android device, but you need Market access or get someone to send the file to you. I use it to control building control systems when I am out and about over WiFi. Should work fine over 3G also. Hope this helps.

jamesvincent

Aug 4, 2014
Logmein is one of the best remote support apps which works on Android, iOS etc. Additionally, RHUB remote support servers can also be used for remotely accessing computers. It allows one to blank the remote desktop in order to prevent sensitive remote control activities from being viewed.