Proscan7810K Unable To Reset

frontier14

May 7, 2014
Good day folks. I have a problem with a Proscan7810K that belongs to my grandson that he received for Christmas. It is pattern locked and refuses to reset. I have searched the web and tried all the button sequences and the factory reset button does nothing. Resetting password does not work either. I can sometimes get it to the little android robot but no farther. I am competent and comfortable in the Windows environment but have absolutely no experience with Android. I have downloaded new firmware from Proscan but can't figure how to install it. Is there any other way to reset this thing to make it usable or is just bricked? Can it be reset or new firmware installed using a laptop? I have searched the forum and found no specifics on this particular model. Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Some of the specs:
[FONT=&quot] Rockchip RK2906, 1.2GHz
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Android 4.1.1[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]memory_internal[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]4GB ROM, 512MB RAM [/FONT]

frontier14

May 7, 2014
Almost 200 hundred views and no comments or possible solutions. Guess there is no way to fix this thing.

fuser

Developer
Nov 4, 2012
If vampirefo.'s link doesn't work, post a reply and I'll check it all out, but those instructions on XDA look pretty solid. Depends on if it works with the 7810K though. If it doesn't, make sure to post a link to the firmware you are trying to use, we can speculate about stuff but actually being able to look at the firmware package would help.

fuser

Developer
Nov 4, 2012
If it's an .img file you don't need to extract it. That's a sure-fire sign that you are meant to flash the firmware with software like we mentioned. I can't find anything for your exact tablet but it does look like that software is worth a shot. No guarantees though.

frontier14

May 7, 2014
Well so much for that. Flash says was successful according to program but tablet won't power up. Guess it's bricked for sure now.

fuser

Developer
Nov 4, 2012
Well so much for that. Flash says was successful according to program but tablet won't power up. Guess it's bricked for sure now.

Have you tried contacting the company for the appropriate flashing software? Most tabs can be unbricked and if they flash from a computer it is a lot easier.