protecting the screen...

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
@Douvie

My device is too expensive so I need to JBC and protect my screen :p

Each to his/her own. I just gave you my opinion and my preference. I have found that protective screens have their pros and cons - too many cons for my liking. If you believe you need it who am I to convince you otherwise. :eek:

Update:

Just remembered that my tablet is 15 months old. And I too carry it every day. The screen doesn't even have a scratch.

Last edited:

jgumphress

Sep 6, 2011
I've had my A500 since they first came out many months ago and have never had any thing on the screen. Personally I don't like plastic over the screen. I love the slick shinny look. But anyway, my Acer looks just as shinny and new as it did when I bought it and I carry it everywhere, and without a cover too. I bought a folio case at first but it was a bother to open ever time I wanted to look something up real fast. I gave the case away. When I use to carry a Palm Pilot it was a different story. Those you had to protect the screen because it was a soft plastic. But the screens today are really tough glass.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
I've had my A500 since they first came out many months ago and have never had any thing on the screen. Personally I don't like plastic over the screen. I love the slick shinny look. But anyway, my Acer looks just as shinny and new as it did when I bought it and I carry it everywhere, and without a cover too. I bought a folio case at first but it was a bother to open ever time I wanted to look something up real fast. I gave the case away. When I use to carry a Palm Pilot it was a different story. Those you had to protect the screen because it was a soft plastic. But the screens today are really tough glass.
I'm with you on the "plastic over screen" issue.

ahclem

Jul 25, 2011

When I bought my A500, I immediately had a screen protector installed by Best Buy (as you mentioned, it was a habit from Palm PDAs where you must always use a screen protector). I removed it after a couple of weeks, so now my Acer goes "commando".

Lots of people use screen protectors, but whatever they're doing that would ruin Gorilla Glass, will destroy a screen protector. So I wish them good luck with that.