PTAB8000 Polaroid Tablet Problem

Feb 13, 2013
im trying your link im having same trouble but message no sd card comes up so no download

AndroidPizza

Jan 24, 2013
im trying your link im having same trouble but message no sd card comes up so no download

Did you pay any attention to what I said to the other guy? It is NOT to be downloaded on the tablet!

Sent from my rooted Motorola Atrix HD running Jelly Bean using Xparent Green Tapatalk

jazacher

Jun 12, 2013
To break this down more, if you are doing a firmware update (or the only updating polaroid seems to do with these) you must on your COMPUTER, download, unzip the firmware from southerntelecom,( Aka polaroid). Then use the CORD that came with your tablet, plug it into your tablet and computer. Then get the unzipped files on your computer to send to your (powered off?) tablet. androidpizza, what is the update # on the link you listed? I updated in feb and am on # 14. To all, the polaroid tablet is not intuitive. does not fix it own issues like your computer gets periodic updates. It is a (labor intensive, annoying)different animal.

AndroidPizza

Jan 24, 2013
can not d/l the update as my sd card does not work. remember?

For the last time, IT IS NOT TO BE DOWNLOADED ON THE TABLET!!!!! PAY ATTENTION!!!!!!!!

To break this down more, if you are doing a firmware update (or the only updating polaroid seems to do with these) you must on your COMPUTER, download, unzip the firmware from southerntelecom,( Aka polaroid). Then use the CORD that came with your tablet, plug it into your tablet and computer. Then get the unzipped files on your computer to send to your (powered off?) tablet. androidpizza, what is the update # on the link you listed? I updated in feb and am on # 14. To all, the polaroid tablet is not intuitive. does not fix it own issues like your computer gets periodic updates. It is a (labor intensive, annoying)different animal.
IDK what number it was.
And your instructions are incorrect...you use an SD card reader or some other device that can read SD cards to put the firmware on an SD card. Then you pop the SD card with the firmware in the tablet.

I gotten to the point of "signature verification failed" Installation aborted. Please help!

You must've done something wrong. Start over with a fresh download in case it got corrupted.

Sent from my Polaroid PMID1000D using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

JamesTheScot

Sep 22, 2013
Inside the zip is another folder containing 3 files and another zipped folder, put the files and zip on the root of a FORMATTED, clean sd card with nothing on it. Pop it in the tablet with it turned off, hold the power button and minus volume button until it turns on and you see green text that says"Upgrade step 2, do not power off." Make sure you have at least 60% battery and the tablet is plugged in.

Sent from my rooted Motorola Atrix HD using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Here's my issue: the tablet is telling me there is no internal SD mounted and it won't read the external SD card either. When I tell it to mount the internal card, it says it's "preparing SD card" for a moment then it reverts back to acting as if there is no internal SD card present. And when I insert an empty formatted (fully/slowly formatted in fat32) SD card in the external slot, it says "preparing SD card" but then reads it as having 0.00 memory available when I go into the settings-storage menu.

So will your method work? If I can put the zip file on the SD card using my laptop, but the tablet won't read an external SD card either...

I have already done the down-volume+power-button reset and I have already erased and reformatted the external (micro)SD card.

Switching gears a bit, is there even an actual internal SD card in these tablets? Or is this just a partition on the hard disk? I know when I did the factory reset it asked me if I wanted to erase a partition. I may try that to eliminate the internal SD issue if it's simply a partition. Otherwise, I guess I could unscrew the back panel and see if there is an internal slot in there somewhere.

And, yes, the factory support is crappy. Probably won't buy another Polaroid product given my experience with this tablet.

AndroidPizza

Jan 24, 2013
Here's my issue: the tablet is telling me there is no internal SD mounted and it won't read the external SD card either. When I tell it to mount the internal card, it says it's "preparing SD card" for a moment then it reverts back to acting as if there is no internal SD card present. And when I insert an empty formatted (fully/slowly formatted in fat32) SD card in the external slot, it says "preparing SD card" but then reads it as having 0.00 memory available when I go into the settings-storage menu.

So will your method work? If I can put the zip file on the SD card using my laptop, but the tablet won't read an external SD card either...

I have already done the down-volume+power-button reset and I have already erased and reformatted the external (micro)SD card.

Switching gears a bit, is there even an actual internal SD card in these tablets? Or is this just a partition on the hard disk? I know when I did the factory reset it asked me if I wanted to erase a partition. I may try that to eliminate the internal SD issue if it's simply a partition. Otherwise, I guess I could unscrew the back panel and see if there is an internal slot in there somewhere.

And, yes, the factory support is crappy. Probably won't buy another Polaroid product given my experience with this tablet.

Do what I said. The tablet CAN read the card, it just doesn't know it can.

Sent from my Polaroid tablet

jazacher

Jun 12, 2013
For the last time, IT IS NOT TO BE DOWNLOADED ON THE TABLET!!!!! PAY ATTENTION!!!!!!!!

IDK what number it was.
And your instructions are incorrect...you use an SD card reader or some other device that can read SD cards to put the firmware on an SD card. Then you pop the SD card with the firmware in the tablet.

You must've done something wrong. Start over with a fresh download in case it got corrupted.

Sent from my Polaroid PMID1000D using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

OK. I was right when following the Polaroid directions. BUT polaroid made this hunk a junk and therefor they fell short.

The firmware update is the still the same as of this posting as it was january 2013. The Pizza madness method of downloading it onto your blank, formatted sd card through your computer (sdcard reader), unzipping the folder it gives you, and transferring the remaining zipped up file and supporting docs to the card WORKS. With the tablet fully charged, inserting the loaded sd card and holding the power and volume down button for approx 20 seconds or until the" upgrading" appears. A little android dude appeared. When it's done you have to redo your wireless connection but it works like it a normal cheap tablet!
Yes i had to download ALL the apps from the amazon cloud again but, HOLY NIKES BATMAN, it downloads! After 8 months of wondering what to do next, this solution works. Posting a link to the Amazon site. I am that amazed. And even with M.Pizza's annoyance with those with less intuitive knowledge of how technology works and harsh hammering of my accurate (albeit not complete with what he was trying to explain) breakdown of the basics for all, I would still give a giant, choking hug. I am so happy to have made my kids week by getting that fixed. Been 3 days with no weirdness!

JACsMom

Mar 25, 2014
Read a multitude of blogs on this subject and this one was the most confusing yet ultimately helpful. The only reason it was confusing is the tablet would not read the formatted sd card with the firmware on it. In combination with the firmware and install instructions and information that lead me to a smaller sd card my father's hannspree is finally free of the sd error message. I would also like to note that all sd cards both internal and external were accessable through settings/storage but not through usb connection to computer until fixed.

Thank you.