[Q] Android 2.1 CMID 7" Tablet suck in loop - Help Plse?

cabcos

Feb 25, 2011
After downloading the Barnes and Noble ebook application I now have 3 continous errors "The process android. Process. Acore. Has stopped unexpectedly" "The process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly" and ""access b.bn.ereader has stopped unexpectedly" - I have powered off numerous times, tried the factory reset and run the battery down. I cannot access any of the other commands as the error messages are overriding the system. I found this video on youtube which shows exactly the same problem:
Any help will be greatly appreciated:):confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Did your factory reset actually work? All your errors should go away after you do that, assuming that it is working properly on the device.

To uninstall an app, starting from your home screen, hit the Menu key, choose Settings, select "Applications," then pick "Manage applications."

Then try uninstall the Barnes and Noble ebook applications.

The other way is to completely reflash your tablet with a firmware from your factory, but I don't think that's necessary.

I know the popups will keep coming up, but you can a split second for you to do that.

cabcos

Feb 25, 2011
Thanks so much for your prompt reply! The factory resets did have not worked at all - I've tried numerous times, I have managed to tap into the date up in the top left corner inbetween the ongoing error screens, which brings up a gray screen with TR718D and below that - Ongoing - (I put a couple of .adk files on my Tfcard which bought this action about, (the .adk files are ES file explorer and ES task killer.) I was hoping I would be able to get these to activate from my pc to the Android to maybe kill the tasks?. I am pretty pc savvy, but this thing has stumped me! I still can't get the menu screen up, I've been jumping around between these errors all day, trying to get something else to come up to no avail -I purchased it from Lightiningbox.com, it has great reviews and they are really good with customer service but the tech help is minimal as it is a generic. Here is the link:Android 2.1 C-MID Tablet with 7 Inch HD Touchscreen + WiFi - US$ 149.99 - I have also been trying to decipher the difference between rooting and flashing, I'd love to be able to view the root menu on my pc? I really do appreciate your help with this thanks again --Chrissie

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I am asking whether the factory reset actually worked in clearing your data, because in some tablets it does nothing. If it did not, you have to work around the issue in an alternate way. I am exactly sure what troubleshooting steps you have actually taken that worked.

Rooting is like gaining admin on a PC's operating system, but flashing is reinstalling the whole operating system from scratch.

If you learn the basics of adb, you might be able to do more with it as well. First we want to either try to uninstall the offending applications, or wipe all user data.

cabcos

Feb 25, 2011
Sorry, that was a typo, the factory resets have not worked at all - I've tried different variations of pressing and tapping, wiped and reformatted the flash card, but not messed with the internal memory, because of my limited knowledge with the system. I have only had this since last Thursday & have heard back from Lightninginthebox.com, they will refund or exchange it, so I think I will get another model, (probably a 2.2) I do, however want to learn more about the system should anything like this arise in the future. Thanks for the explanation regarding rooting/flashing:) This forum is fantastic and I thank you so much for taking the time to help me with this. Kind regards - Chrissie

kevin f

Jan 1, 2011
I have the same problem with 7 in screen purchased from lightinthebox, same message with force close, tried this for hours, stuck in a loop and cannot access any programs. Have tried reset several times, still no joy.

Is any fix to this problem known???

KFITZ

cabcos

Feb 25, 2011
I have the same problem with 7 in screen purchased from lightinthebox, same message with force close, tried this for hours, stuck in a loop and cannot access any programs. Have tried reset several times, still no joy.

Is any fix to this problem known???

KFITZ

Hey Kevin,
I purchased mine from them too, I'd only had it a couple of days when this happened. I contacted their customer service and they authorized a return. (But they also gave me the option for a discount off of my original price to get it fixed locally.) I've now purchased the 8" 2.2 Android instead, it's a few bucks more, but I'm very happy with it and prefer the 2.2 verses 2.1. Their customer service is excellent, be patient as it can take them about 10 hours to get back to you.

DarthOpto

Apr 16, 2011
How do I flash it? Or hard reset or restore to factory settings? I am getting the same errors and cannot get past them.

AmandaLee

Jun 17, 2011
Can someone please reply to this problem. I've had the same problem for 2 days now. I've contacted Light in the Box where I purchased the tablet. They have refused to help or even refer me to someone who can help.

kevin f

Jan 1, 2011
I, can anyone answer this problem. My tablet suddenly started working after this same problem, and has now gone into the same loop again.

I have tried force close then quickly going to setting, but the message is back on screen before anything happens.

Help

Kevin

kevin f

Jan 1, 2011
Tablet now working, not sure how, tried the following:-

Delete all duplicate e-mail addresses in contacts.
Remove micro sd card.
Move all tablet files to new folder on PC with USB connection.
Leave tablet running by continually switching on to drain the battery.
Contacted lightinthebox by e-mail, they replied confirming they would look into.
Still no joy after all the above, left tablet on charge.
Next day, working okay????

Kevin