queries

Jan 5, 2012
hi guys i am new to tablet world .. my uncle residing in usa asked me last week " i am coming back to pakistan for some days in feb .. would you like me to bring something for you "
" why not .... and why not tablet "

i have NO know how about android and its tablets ..

1. WHY android ? and why to prefer it over IPAD
2. i want to watch movies without any extension restrictions and any need to convert video ... ( is it possible in android with applications ) .. have heard there is app GOOD PLAYER in ipad with which you can watch any extension movie without messing of converting the movie
3. can android device be hacked ? and can we play downloaded PIRATED apps on it ?
4. what is the best android tablet available out there ..

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
Android is what you want for sure. It can play videos with out any problems and it can even play .iso videos there are a ton of apps to play videos. Yes it can be hacked its called rooting and when you root your have total control over your device. You can download pirated apps but you dont need to because most of the apps in the market are FREE unlike the apple store and if you install amazon appstore they offer a paid app for free everyday which once again apple doesnt oh and the getjar market also offers paid apps for free. If you want a tablet that you can compare to the ipad looke at the galaxy tab 10.1 it is a very nice tablet and its cheaper then the ipad.

I hope you can see why Android is better then apple and what i have told you is just the tip of the iceberg

Jan 5, 2012
hmm .. good
so what you are telling is that MOST of the android apps are free ?
yeah i have looked for samsung galaxy .. it is cool .. i am waiting for some good deal .. may be price cut

one more think that i want to ask whether rooting involve soldering or something like that or is it easyprocess ?
and can we update tablet to latest operating system .. from gingerbread to sandwich icecream for example ?

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
Yes most of the apps available for Android are free. The Android market is the largest free appstore in the world (Android Market now the largest free app store in the world) Rooting is usually just a software hack so no need for soldering or changing hardware at all. If you want to have the best chance of getting software updates buy a high end one like the samsung galaxy tab 10.1

Jan 5, 2012
hmm .. yeah i will be looking for samsung galaxy tab for sure ..i have lil confusion in my mind1. samsung donot have sd card slot .. would 16 gb be enough ?2 .. is usb port available in galaxy tab ? how data is transfered in android ?3. what are your views about sony S tablet .. what are its pros and cons ?

Jan 5, 2012
I have been viewing tablets .. i have seen three inspiring tablets ..

1. SAMSUNG Galaxy TAB 10.1
2. ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Prime
3. SONY Tablet S

which one of the stated tablets is good enough in all aspects with least available price
Sites have reviewed ASUS quite high .. but i have doubt about the company scene in open market .. what is surety that ASUS keep on following tablet market ..
samsung is quite good but it lacks HDMI , SD card slot and USB port
sony is good .. but i am not quite convinced with sony ..

so battle remains between ASUS vs SAMSUNG
please guide me being a senior which brand to go for .. samsung is market leader ..

1 thing more .. can you please quote prices of samsung and asus

Jan 5, 2012
hmm .. i am final with samsung galaxy tab 10.1
one last question that i want to ask is the data can be transferred in tablet with preavailable wire ? or do i will be required to make seperate purchase for it ?

the samsung cost 450 dollars but asus 500 dollars . i am good and comfortable with samsung