Query about 3G tablets

tonyslim

Oct 26, 2010
If I purchase a tablet that has 3G will it tether with my mobile phone?

If it says it needs a 3G external Dongle, do I need to put my sim into dongle or will the dongle pick up signal from my mobile phone? i.e.Builtin OTG Port, can connect with external 3G Dongle and connect with internet everywhere;

I hope these questions make sense.

I am looking to buy 3G Tablet fr around £250 if possible. Any recommendations. Main use sn internet browsing, music and a bit of gaming

Tanzanite

Jan 14, 2012
If I purchase a tablet that has 3G will it tether with my mobile phone?

If it says it needs a 3G external Dongle, do I need to put my sim into dongle or will the dongle pick up signal from my mobile phone? i.e.Builtin OTG Port, can connect with external 3G Dongle and connect with internet everywhere;

I hope these questions make sense.

I am looking to buy 3G Tablet fr around £250 if possible. Any recommendations. Main use sn internet browsing, music and a bit of gaming

Hi Tony,

Most Android Tablets with built in SIM slots does support tethering but please check with your supplier.

If it needs an external 3G modem it will most likey not support teethering (at least not according to my experience). If your mobile phone support teethering (Mobile hotspot) you can connect your tablet to your mobile hotspot (and share the Internet connection) which most likely wil save you money.

Tablets without SIM slot are in general much cheaper so if you mobile phone support teethering I would buy a quality Tablet without SIM slot. If your mobile phon does not support Teethering, then I would go for a tablet with SIM slot and use the Mobile hotspsot to connect your Mobile phone to the Internet.

I hope my answer make sense :rolleyes: