Quesstion SYTAB10ST would you buy it again?

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
Looking at this tablet now, I know it has a resistive screen but a screen protector would be a must. It looks like an interesting tablet, one I think hubby would enjoy to be perfectly honest. In my research it seems like it's got decent resolution, 512 RAM and a 1 ghz processor, 4 GB storage, 2 USB's and Mini HDMI, a camera, and the price is right. What do you think? Would a Coby be better? Should we just save our money up and get a coby? It's only around 60-80 more for the Coby's I like and have in my current signature. Should we get this if all we're looking at is using it as a media player? This seems like just the ticket. So I ask any owners of this tablet, would you buy it again? :)

lorenii

May 2, 2011
I have one and it is big and bulky for a tablet. The new 8.4 is the next tablet that I am going to get. The slightly smaller format would be ideal for me.

The functions of all of the Sylvania tablets seems to be about the same and the resolution of the 10" doesn't seem to be any better than the 7" (I have both). SOME of the apps that I have running on the 7" will NOT work on my 10" so there is some software/hardware differences, but all of the majors seem to work just fine. The battery life on the 10" is DEFINITELY better than the 7" tablets or at least on mine.

The thing that sucks about all of these Sylvania tablets is the lack of accessories.... Hard cases, silicone covers, screen protectors, chargers... they are basically identical in form to the FlyTouch and there are not anything out there for those either....

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
Thanks for the feedback lorenii, I had a feeling that it wasn't well supported in the accessory area. I also had heard that they were the same as the fly touch, but I am unfamiliar with that brand. :D Glad to hear the battery life is better on the 10" tablet, I don't mind a bulkier tablet if it's built well and we can find or customize a screen protector for it ourselves. It would be nice to have a case but not needed or it is a deal breaker or something. Not sure if hubby will want to wait and get a Coby now that this sale is happening at Big Lots sunday. We'll be able to pick one up for $120 because I have earned a 20% off 'reward' so that we want to use it on this purchase. Now if the resolution is really the 800 X 480 and not the 1024 X 600 I see it showing as and also if the ram is half of 512, then its not such a good deal IMO. And we might just go back to the Coby 1125. :D

Thanks for posting lorenii! :D

dmarko

Dec 15, 2011
Yes. In a heartbeat.
These type of "good deals" are for those of us with a bit of patience and willingness to make it work.
So far, I have not heard of any single Abdroid Tablet in the below $200 range that hadn't been close to perfect or free of complications.
My 10" Magni MBST was $99.
Rich in all kinds of externals
HDMI
ETHERNET
2 microSDs
etc etc etc...
And good resolution.

I can live with the resistive.
So be it. :)