Question about available memory on 8gb Momo9 7" Tablet

Dec 25, 2011
Hello, everyone. First time posting on this forum, but not new to forums.

I purchased a Ployer Momo9 7" tablet with the A10 Allwinner processor and was advertised to have 8gb of inernal memory and 512mb of RAM. When I have the tablet in the "about tablet" page it says:

PLOYER-MOMO
Android version
Baseband version
Kernel version
2.6.36-android
Build number
.(*&(&*(&(* blah blah

Storage:

TF card

Total space
unavailable

Available space
Unavailable

Mount TF card
Insert an TF card for mounting

Scan TF card
(checked)

Internal flash storage:

Available Space
5.09gb

Total Space
5.69gb

Internal Storage:

Available space
0.90gb

When I check applications running it says:

RAM
117mb used 142mb free

Wouldn't that indicate it only has ~256mb of RAM?

I'm thinking I got ripped of with some sort of fake Momo9. The box it came in looks like the real thing with the silver Ployer on the top and the Chinese writting along with momo and stuff around the sides and all. Are these the "normal" numbers that one would expect with Gingerbread running on this tablet. From previous experience with iPhones, an 8gb iPhone would likely have at least 6.5 gb of FREE space to put apps after the OS was installed on the phone. Why is this saying it only has like 5.69gb of total space? I've been more suspect about the storage availability after I went to download some apps from the Market and it said I was out of space. This is with only 5-6 downloaded aps. And now the video's won't play at all. Really weird. Thanks for any responses to this thread. I'm ready to ship it back!

CombatGerbil

Aug 16, 2012
The 8gb internal had two partitions, one of 2gb for the OS, the remaining 6gb or there abouts for apps etc that why you'r seeing those numbers. Also with your apps, they download to the 2gb partition first, they can be "moved" in the settings and apps section to the "sd card" (that being what they call the internal storage) external SD is called extsd or similar depending on the model.
As for the 256mb RAM, you may have a faulty Tablet as it should show the 512mb total if that's what it was supposed to be shipped with. so it may be worth shipping it back anyway.