Question on MP3 Downloads

MetaMs

May 1, 2011
I have an Acer Iconia A500 tablet, but this is (I think) a generic question.

I take a class that provides an MP3 recording every other week. I receive a link to download the MP3 from YouSendIt.com

I attempted to do this directly to my tablet, instead of downloading to my PC and transferring the MP3 to the tablet and it didn't work. The file that downloaded was named file.htm and the tablet didn't see it as a "music" file even after I tried renaming it.

Can someone tell me how to do this correctly? This is my first Android device. Thanks!

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
Enable the setting in windows that allows you to see the file extension and then download it again, save it as a .mp3 and there you go! You can't just rename it after you have downloaded in except in certain circumstances.

MetaMs

May 1, 2011
As far as I know...there are no "windows settings" on an Android tablet???? I know what file extensions are, but I'm trying to avoid using Windows and download directly TO the tablet.

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
Ah. It should be downloading correctly. Look for a file manager on the Market and change the file extensions using that.

MetaMs

May 1, 2011
I'm using FileStation. That's how I renamed the file the first time. But the tablet still doesn't 'see' the file as a music file. The file is not corrupted. I downloaded it to my PC and it works fine.

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
I don't know what to tell you because I think it might be a nook thing not an android thing. Try PMing one of the mods

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk! Eat that Apple!