Question to all ROM developers for Coby Kyros Mid7015

hankm24

Dec 19, 2010
My question- Is there a way that someone could build on that cyanogen mod over on XDA for the Kyros and see If the can make it functionable so that we could have Froyo?
I would try myself but I am new to Android and I would have no idea what i would be doing. the most experience I have is with Terminal Emulator and ClockworkMod

jschill31

Mar 4, 2011
Hello,

It is kind of pointless currently because of the lack of OMX and kernel resourses. Please understand this not only concerns Coby tablets but involves multiple devices. There will be dozens of roms circulating within days of the required GPL release but the reality is that enforcing regulations in foreign countries is difficult if not impossible.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

WhiteWhiskers

Mar 11, 2011
Is there a way that someone could build on that cyanogen mod over on XDA for the Kyros and see If the can make it functionable so that we could have Froyo?
The CyanogenMod Froyo for the 7015 is reasonably functional. I stopped using it for two reasons. One was I started to get SD-card problems. There's something not quite right with how the card is addressed. Many apps install just fine. Other apps will fail during install until you unmount the card and then remount after install. The Aldiko book reader behaved this way. And then there's a third set of apps which will refuse to install whether you have the card mounted or not. Angry Birds Rio behaved that way. The other problem is the graphics issue. I tried this morning to apply the GPU fix which was designed for stock firmware or the Watery Kyros. The result was a a crash on startup, just a black screen. I had to do the test myself just so I'd know it wouldn't work.

If you don't care to play Angry Birds, don't use the mic input or HDMI output, and want to experiment, give it a try. Just make sure you have a backup image and even copy the image to your desktop computer.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Second without COBYUSA support for one there would be issue. LonPad (aka GPAD) makes this tablet for COBY and the rest of the 2011 line-up of newer tablet's for KYROS if they got a ROM for OS 2.2 then good chance for us all here.