Quick fix for no back light on the control buttons...

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
Alot of people have complained about the short sightedness of the manufacturer for not putting back light behind the control buttons. So I came up with a quick fix...

I used a file to put notches on the raised part of the bezel in the middle of where the buttons are... then finding the positions of the buttons in the dark is as easy as running your finger up the side of the bezel and slide inward to do the function you need....

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Very creative, I actually did the same thing, but I did it to my case instead of the device. If you have jewelers tools I could see doing it.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using the Android Tablet app!

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
Lol... I work in a machine shop so I just used a 8in bastard file... but I'd imagine that a simple fingernail file would suffice...

GatorRPh

Apr 23, 2011
You give a whole new meaning to hacking your gtab. I'm running tnt lite 4.4 and it has the keys duplicated at the top of the screen where the notification bar is located on android phones, so no need to hack up the hardware when its been ROM hacked. In just 3 days I was able to pretty much hit the right hardkey in the dark anyway. Just put your finger low and slide up for the back button or high and slide down for the search and you can't miss. The other two are easy enough to hit once you get used to the fact that they are in between the sliders so to speak. If you don't want to use the tnt ROM just give yourself a few days to practice and hitting the right button will become second nature.