Quick Nav button won't work

tamiw5

Jan 9, 2012
I rooted my Nook Tablet and it worked just fine - at the time. I downloaded several apps, but the next morning none of them would work. I performed a factory restore on the tablet and since then the Quick Nav button won't work. My plan was to unroot, then re-root. However, with the Quick Nav not working I can't get to the web browser to reach the advanced settings tab. I've tried the erase & deregister option, rebooting 8 times, copying a file to the microSD card (acclaim_update), etc. but nothing has worked. I even tried manually updating to 1.4.1. My Nook won't even do that. As of now, I have a glorified e-reader that doesn't even have 3G (I do have wi-fi). I might as well go back to my old Kindle. Has anyone else had the issue of the Quick Nav button becoming nonfunctional (not really nonfunctional. It still wakes up the Nook and takes me straight to the Home Screen), and does anyone have any ideas on how to regain functionality? Thanks for your help.

tamiw5

Jan 9, 2012
i found a temporary fix. Barnes and Noble offers a web browser app called Puffin (free). It doesn't have Flash capabilities so youtube and some games don't work, but at least I can get to the web. I considered trying sideloading again, but am a little afraid after past experiences. Anyway, if anyone else has encountered my problem, this might be a workable solution.

HawaiianJohn

Jan 5, 2012
You could add Anycut App to create a shortcut to your browser, or add AppManager Pro App, then you'll be able to open to access all Apps/Programs available in the Tablet.

Last edited: