RAM Issues

FoFoJoe

Jun 8, 2011
On the box, the Acer A500 has 1gb of RAM. Under settings, it has around 500mbs.. I know some of it is dedicated to system procceses, but not half of the total RAM should be.. right? Or am I just confused here? Any wisdom helps :)

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

JDL4438

May 26, 2011
I have been wondering the samething! Anyone out there have an answer? My dad has the xoom I should look at his to see what it says.

lded21

Jul 2, 2011
I think you may need to look at that again. It is 1 ghz processor with 16gb or 32gb of rom...the ram is operational memory like your computer's memory sticks and about 7 gb of the rom is for system the rest is considered internal sd......... Hope this clarifies things

Last edited:

FoFoJoe

Jun 8, 2011
Thank you but I understand :) yes, it had 32gb of Flash Memory and 1 gb of RAM, random access memory, straight of the box. 1gb of ram, with about half usable.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
As the previous post stated the 16 or 32gig is basically an internal sd card. The 1gig ram is used by the system for various things and only a portion is available for running applications. It really isn't any problem, and it is basically the same on all the comparable tablets.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited: