Random pixel errors

krapulax

Jan 27, 2012
Hello people,

I hope somebody can give me a good advice / idea for the following:

I got an acer iconia tab a100 2 days ago. I was updating the device as it was automaticly offering etc, and I only dowloaded apps from the market, no rooting no hack etc.

Then, after 2 days, I have noticed that on my pictures (downloaded / taken with campera etc), and also on the Built-in wallpapers, randomly located pixel erros have appeared. And they are at their same place after reboot.

Could it be an error of the internal storage? (I dont have SD card.) Or the pictures got damaged somehow?

Should I take back the device? Or can I repair it somehow?

Its not a big problem ( so far ) but if it continues, I will not be able to store any pictures :(

And maybe is there an app, what could scan the built-in storage for "bad sectors"?

Any answer would be a great help.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Krapulax, welcome to the forum. I'd recommend you take back the device if you can. It sounds like your screen is defective. I said "if you can" because some manufacturers require that a certain number of pixels be bad or they have to be in certain locations on the screen before you can return the tablet. I don't know what Acer's policy is, but since you've only had it a couple days it would be worth making a little noise if they balk at exchanging it. Good luck!

Last edited:

krapulax

Jan 27, 2012
Hi Spider,
Thank you for the fast reply.
I have checked, its not the screen/display what is deffective. The bad pixels appeared on my pictures. So you can magnify them, and when you swipe them, the bad pixels also move with the rest of the pictures. And if I take 10 new pictures , again, after a few hours, 2-3 of them will again contain some randomly localised pixel error...

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
That shouldn't be happening, I'd still take it back. You shouldn't have to try to fix a tablet that's only a couple days old. The main reason I suspected the screen was because you said it was happening on your wallpapers too. I've never heard of anything like this happening where it wasn't the screen.