Re-register Coby Kyros in Google Market/Play for access to all apps

snagglebutt

Mar 20, 2012
when i installed marketplace in january, it recognized my coby kyros as a samsung phone, and for some reason lots of apps like google catalog, and even facebook are considered not compatible with my device. this severely reduces what i can do even now that i've upgraded to google play. anyone know how i can register the kyros in marketplace/play as a tablet & be compatible with ALL apps? would be forever grateful!

Wordwench

May 9, 2011
when i installed marketplace in january, it recognized my coby kyros as a samsung phone, and for some reason lots of apps like google catalog, and even facebook are considered not compatible with my device. this severely reduces what i can do even now that i've upgraded to google play. anyone know how i can register the kyros in marketplace/play as a tablet & be compatible with ALL apps? would be forever grateful!

Same question. I originally did the hack to install Android Market, and like Snagglebutt, had a lot of compatibility issues (but hey - it was better than no market at all). Anyone else in the same predicament that successfully re-registered or otherwise got Google Play to recognize their device as a tablet?