Ready to get a tablet

DTR

Dec 18, 2010
Hi guys. I have used many android phones since the G1 and am a long time xda member. I also hate apple with a passion and will never give them a dollar. Which I assume will score me a few points on this site. I have finially decided that the tablets have come along far enough to start looking at. My current hobby is building lasers. I am also a big fan of XBMC and have been since XBMP on my original Xbox.:cool:

Here is what I am looking for. I want a tablet that can play 1080P video from an MKV container using x264 codec very smoothly. It must be able to play the videos off an external 3.5in USB hardrive.(The flashcards just are not big enough) I would like a quality screen that is around 9in and has good action for the touchscreen. Anything like this exist yet. Thanks.;)

Last edited:

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
Welcome to the site DTR. "My current hobby is building lasers."... woah that is awesome!!

Good luck in your plunge into the Android tablet market. I'm quite sure there are tablets out there that fit your requirements. Have fun with them :)

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
Welcome to the forum glad to have you here i dont think there is a tablet out that meets all of your requirements but some do come close

DTR

Dec 18, 2010
Thanks guys. I will do some reading around the site. Any suggestions on the best units under $400?
beerf.gif

Last edited:

DTR

Dec 18, 2010
OK so I pulled the trigger on a 16GB Archos 101 with guaranteed shipping by Christmas. Did not really have that much time to look through the forum but it seemed it had a lot the suggested features and fit most of my needs.
winkaz.gif

Last edited: