Real Player\Recorder Equivalent

jostarr

Feb 15, 2011
As a beginner with the Acer Tab and with Android, I am looking for an app that will do what Real Player 11 will do for windows.

RealPlayer 11 is a media player that let's you record and download videos from thousands of websites with a single click. I want to easily download videos from
youtube and other sites, and store therm in a directory on the Tab.

jostarr

Feb 15, 2011
I hope you are not being sarcastic as I have spent all day and more reading, and searching various forums and Goggled it all day.

jostarr

Feb 15, 2011
I'm sorry, but I don't see the link you posted. Where is the link, or, can you post it again inn this thread?

jostarr

Feb 15, 2011
The second message in this thread consists of one line of text.
Click that line of text.

I see now that Acer\Google has removed this app from the Market. And, although I
got it before it was removed. it no longer seems to work anymore. What give's with that?

Today, I tried to download a variation of this app by browser from an alternative
website. I was unable to do so, and I got a message that this was being done to "protect me from myself"-----lol. This brings 2 new questions:

1. Why is Acer\Google preventing me from downloading any app from another websuite?

2. How can I circumvent this unwanted 'protection'?

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
1. Why is Acer\Google preventing me from downloading any app from another websuite?

2. How can I circumvent this unwanted 'protection'?

Answers:

1) Because if you don't know how to circumvent this you probably need the protection, as you
probably don't know enough about the dangers of random download sources. :eek:

2) Settings / Applications / Unknown sources.

YOU HAVE BEEN Warned... The other site could be suspect or dodgy.....