Recommend me a tablet!

Joar

Jan 6, 2012
Hi!

I was just wondering if you could recommend me a good tablet. And tell me if you know if any tablet is known to have many issues and things like that. I want a tablet that:

* Is small enough to be carried around easily. Around 7 to max 9 inches.
* My budget is around 400- 430$. I can pay a bit more if there is a special reason.
* I want Honeycomb or ICS, or the ability to upgrade to one of these.
* It must have 3G or 4G.
* 8GB memory or more. Preferably with the ability to expande the memory.
* I doubt that any tablet that's so small has more than 5h of battery time. Preferably not a worse battery than that.
* At least one USB- port.

And, of course, as good processor, weight, look, RAM etc that's available for that price.

The camera doesn't matter to me. And I don't need to be able to dock it with the TV.

So... do you know any good tablet with these criteria? I was looking at the acer iconia a100 and the samsung galaxy tab. What do you think about them?

criver

Oct 20, 2011
For 430$ - why not wait and buy an iPad for 499$?
Anyway, Acer Iconica A100 seems to fit your requirements...

TheDroid13

Aug 14, 2011
My suggestion would be to wait and see what new tablets are unveiled at CES this year. But if you need one right now I would recommend the Samsung galaxy 7.7.,the reviews look great.

Joar

Jan 6, 2012
What do you think of the Ainol Novo 7 Elf? I just saw it, and it seems to me like a really good option.

applejay

Dec 27, 2011
So many requirements, why don't you buy an ipad? 430$ and a little bit more is enough.

criver

Oct 20, 2011
Ainol Novo 7 Elf looks great(especially in the aspect price/performance), but it is still a tablet for around 160$ (you could get a really better tablet with your money) - though it has great specs. My Zepad C91 which cost me 200$ has 512Mb Ram and a Cortex A9 (of course it has a 10'' screen, but the resolution is the same), while this thing here has a 1Gb DDR3 and a Cortex A10 1.2 GHz (or 1.5Ghz not sure) - it has the same Mali-400 that I have on my C91, has a capactive touchscreen with the same resolution as my C91 (I should mention that my C91 was one of the cheapest 10'' with such specs - cotex a9, capactive, 512mb ram). However, I don't know about 3G, but it has ICS, a usb 2.0 slot, 8Gb NAND flash, so it is a really great thing for the money you pay.

You could also check out the Archos tablets - I think the 80 G9 and 101 G9(this one's 10'' though) models look good. Also so you'd know - both are running Honeycomb...

Joar

Jan 6, 2012
The size is quite important to me. I want to be able to carry it around easily, preferably pocket- sized but still larger than a smartphone. So 7- inches seems about right. And the better/more expensive tablets seems to be larger, mostly. I think a 10 inch tablet (such as an iPad) is too large for my taste. You could say that I want the best 7- inch tablet aviable for that price at maximum.

Last edited:

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
Ainol Novo 7 Elf looks great(especially in the aspect price/performance), but it is still a tablet for around 160$ (you could get a really better tablet with your money) - though it has great specs. My Zepad C91 which cost me 200$ has 512Mb Ram and a Cortex A9 (of course it has a 10'' screen, but the resolution is the same), while this thing here has a 1Gb DDR3 and a Cortex A10 1.2 GHz (or 1.5Ghz not sure) - it has the same Mali-400 that I have on my C91, has a capactive touchscreen with the same resolution as my C91 (I should mention that my C91 was one of the cheapest 10'' with such specs - cotex a9, capactive, 512mb ram). However, I don't know about 3G, but it has ICS, a usb 2.0 slot, 8Gb NAND flash, so it is a really great thing for the money you pay.

You could also check out the Archos tablets - I think the 80 G9 and 101 G9(this one's 10'' though) models look good. Also so you'd know - both are running Honeycomb...

Yes, for 10" tablet PC, the Zenithink ZT-280 C91 will be one of the best choice! and now it's available with the ICS, also with a good price (for $224.9 with shipping in our site).
for 7" tablet PC, the Ainol Novo 7 Elf should be a good one,and it will soon available in our site.

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
The size is quite important to me. I want to be able to carry it around easily, preferably pocket- sized but still larger than a smartphone. So 7- inches seems about right. And the better/more expensive tablets seems to be larger, mostly. I think a 10 inch tablet (such as an iPad) is too large for my taste. You could say that I want the best 7- inch tablet aviable for that price at maximum.

Hello Joar, good news here: the Newest Ainol Novo 7 Elf is now available in our site. It's comes with android 4.0 ICS, five-point touch capacitive screen, Allwinner A10 1.2GHz Cortex A8 processor, 1GB RAM, front camera, Skype video chat supported...etc.
you can check detail info about the device here: Ainol Novo 7 Elf Android 4.0 OS High Resolution Five Point Capactive Screen Tablet PC with Many Core A10 1.2GB processor Skype Video Chat Supportted - China Electronics Wholesale - Consumer Electronics Gadgets Dropship From China
hope that's what you want!:)

Joar

Jan 6, 2012
I'm just getting a bit suspicious about the ainol novo seven's price. How does it compare with the acer iconia and the samsung galaxy tab 7.0?

Also, does spemall.com ship to Sweden?

Almaz

Jan 13, 2012
I'm just getting a bit suspicious about the ainol novo seven's price. How does it compare with the acer iconia and the samsung galaxy tab 7.0?

Also, does spemall.com ship to Sweden?

It looks like Galaxy Tab 7 plus is just like a cell phone Galaxy S2 and Ainol Aurora/Elf without GPS, 3G/4G, BT, single processor Cortex 8, only front camera and 300mah less battery. If you need all these features then Galaxy Tab is the way to go.