recommended browser and screen lock

annM

Dec 25, 2011
After the default browser shut down in portrait mode on my SYTAB10ST, I installed opera-mini. It didn't shutdown but it also did not resize text so lots of side scrolling pus copy/paste didn't work and I didn't like the UI. Then I installed dolphin. I like it except it also shuts down in portrait mode. I'm tired of downloading apps already so any recommendations on a different browser?

Also any recommendations on a screen lock that requires a text password? I've yet to find a simple to use one that just locks the screen.

lorenii

May 2, 2011
I use both the stock browser and Skyfire. Skyfire (browser) takes a little getting used to, but has some great funtionality. I didn't like Opera Mini at all and removed it from my tablet a long time ago and never went back.

As for a screen "lock", I don't know of any. I don't use one.

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
the other browser to look is the dolphin browser hd, but as lorenill tell you, skyfire does the job too, and you can get some flash player into the tablet as well with it, for screen lock? unknown

Sent from my Sytabex7 Android Tablet

annM

Dec 25, 2011
Thanks. Looks like I'll need to get the real marketplace working to get skyfire. I tried both dolphin mini and hd. Really strange with hd which started in portrait although tablet was in landscape. It shutdown after about 3 clicks