[Recovery] Clockwormod Recovery v2.5.1.8 S7-Slim

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
Clockworkmod Recovery V2.5.1.8 for S7-classic ported by goodoane can be use for S7-Slim as well as long as it use kernel with EXT4 supported.

How to flash CWM recovery
1. if you have rom file trzmod-v2 or trzmod-v3, flash using fastboot
- restart tablet to fastboot mode (hold volume up + power)
- flash recovery using fastboot
Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery-trzmod3.img

2. for those using official S7-slim ROM, i will repack recovery and make batch installer later.

How to boot into CWM Recovery

1. From ON condition tablet
there are several ways :
> using adb : adb reboot recovery
> using terminal emulator : reboot recovery
> and a lot applications on the market that will enable boot into recovery

2. From OFF condition tablet
since i dont have s7-slim, need someone to figure out combo button to boot into recovery

How to use CWM recovery

Once you get into CWM recovery, press "volume up" then "volume down" then "volume up" again. or you can do in reverse , press "volume down" all the way down until back to first selection, then "volume up" then "volume down" again.

after you get "Back button menu enabled" at the bottom of the screen, you can use "Power" button as "OK button".

then you can proceed to back up/restore or others operation.

(credit goes to Fey who found this "back button menu enabled", test on his device and this picture)

$ntgrzayt.jpg

billss

Aug 2, 2011
I cannot find the download link. I downloaded S7-trzmod-0.3 from op's signature and tested recovery.img file, but volumn buttons didn't work. Thanks.

kalphonse

Sep 24, 2011
I cannot find the download link. I downloaded S7-trzmod-0.3 from op's signature and tested recovery.img file, but volumn buttons didn't work. Thanks.
I have installed S7-trzmod-0.3 Tom and its working perfectly.The bloatware is gone and orientation runs smooth.

billss

Aug 2, 2011
I have installed S7-trzmod-0.3 Tom and its working perfectly.The bloatware is gone and orientation runs smooth.

My intention was just to back up the current system, but recovery.img included in this mod seems not to support s7-slim's touch screen. However, the screenshot looks like it did the trick. I'm confused...

Sent from my IDEOS S7 Slim using Android Tablet Forum

beenhow

Sep 29, 2011
but it doesn't work on my s7 slim, the volume up and volume down are not working at all.

MyWorld

Oct 23, 2011
Clockworkmod Recovery V2.5.1.8 for S7-classic ported by goodoane can be use for S7-Slim as well as long as it use kernel with EXT4 supported.
Sorry for this very stupid question, but Google failed me. How can we check to see if the kernel supports the ext4 filesystem?