Recovery Help please

Szgany

Apr 5, 2013
Hello, my first post here after reading and searching for an answer to my problem. I have a Ployer Momo 11 2 and just cannot get to the recovery screen. I have tried the +Vol and Power buttons together for 10 seconds, then for longer, +Vol for 10 seconds and then Power. What am I doing wrong?

Szgany

Apr 5, 2013
Just for clarification... Have you installed cwm recovery?
Or do you mean put your tablet into flash mode?
Trying to sort my tablet so I can change the firmware, as the current is crashing on occasion. I'm very new and have been looking for an idiots guide of How to's.

MOMO11SpeedUK

Aug 31, 2012
ok... Have you got the Rockchip batch tool on your pc?
* Run the Rockchip batch tool. exe
* Plug the USB cable into the PC and the other end into the mini USB port nearest to your headphone socket on your tablet.
* Put your tablet into flash mode (press and hold vol+ and power button)... you will hear the PC detect a new device and then all being well there will be a colour change to green on one of the blocks shown on your PC screen.

If this doesn't work first time, try again... most people who experience a problem haven't got the Rockchip driver installed.

Szgany

Apr 5, 2013
The USB driver could be the reason why it isn't working. I've looked for the RK3066 driver and also tried generic but none seem to work, some won't even install for the device. Is there a download somewhere that I could get these from? Really appreciate all the help. Also, I've tried using Ghostbuster to uninstall all rockchip usb instances and that doesn't work either, with or without admin priv's.

Last edited:

Szgany

Apr 5, 2013
Have found out what was wrong and sorted it, took ages but got there eventually. Now have another problem lol. After changing firmwares (works fine apart from rubbish wifi) I'm trying to go for decontaminated 3.0. When I press the vol+ and power the usb sound comes so I let go, as soon as I let go the green on the Batch Tool goes off, as if as long as I keep my finger on the power button it shows green as soon as I take my finger off it goes back to grey. Any ideas?

Szgany

Apr 5, 2013
OK now Iam totally confuzzled. Would you mind giving me a how to guide or show me an idiots guide to installing a firmware. I've had to re-install the crappy wifi one because I didn't have a clue with the decontaminated firmware. As hard as I try I cannot find a guide starting with the what goes where etc. Sorry for being such a pain.

MOMO11SpeedUK

Aug 31, 2012
Have found out what was wrong and sorted it, took ages but got there eventually. Now have another problem lol. After changing firmwares (works fine apart from rubbish wifi) I'm trying to go for decontaminated 3.0. When I press the vol+ and power the usb sound comes so I let go, as soon as I let go the green on the Batch Tool goes off, as if as long as I keep my finger on the power button it shows green as soon as I take my finger off it goes back to grey. Any ideas?

Try keeping the vol+ button pressed for a few seconds after letting go of the power button.

MOMO11SpeedUK

Aug 31, 2012
OK now Iam totally confuzzled. Would you mind giving me a how to guide or show me an idiots guide to installing a firmware. I've had to re-install the crappy wifi one because I didn't have a clue with the decontaminated firmware. As hard as I try I cannot find a guide starting with the what goes where etc. Sorry for being such a pain.

Sorry... a bit confused here.
Have you re-installed the poor wifi one? (which was it by the way/filename)

Decontaminated requires that you have installed cwm recovery, and you flash the rom from the cwm menu (in other words you don't use the Rockchip batch tool)

Szgany

Apr 5, 2013
The firmware I installed was Ployer_MOMO11_speed_20121207. I'd love to know how to install the CWM Recovery, so in future I can flash to different firmware. Any idea where I could get such a basic explanation on doing this?

stevebarber

Dec 27, 2012
Hi. What did you do to sort this out? I'm trying to get my tablet into flash mode and cannot get it to do so - same sort of thing as you seemed to be initially suffering.