Recurring notification

gini

Oct 19, 2011
My new Galaxy Tab S 10.5 is a pleasure to use but for this minor irritant. A few days ago I was attempting to send an email from one of the two accounts I have set up. The email failed to send until I learned it was necessary to change the a setting on the outbound server. The mail and all subsequent ones using that account sent with no further problems. I keep getting a notification, however, stating "Sending failed" each time I power up and turn on WiFi. The notification displays the time I turn on WiFi. The subject line indicates this is the same email over and over, but nothing remains in the email account's Inbox, Outbox, or elsewhere. I've deleted the notification each time, but it always returns! I'm hoping there is a way to get rid of this annoyance without having to delete and then recreate the email account. I'd be grateful for any suggestions!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
That sounds like the message is stuck somewhere in the mail client. You could try going to all apps in settings and clearing the cache for the mail app.

gini

Oct 19, 2011
That sounds like the message is stuck somewhere in the mail client. You could try going to all apps in settings and clearing the cache for the mail app.

Thank you for your reply. I just saw it this morning, although I had "receive email notification" checked. In the meantime I tried deleting the offending account and reinstalled it to no avail. Finally, after reading your reply, I deleted the cache (I thought I'd already done this!), and the annoying message seems to be gone. Thank you for your help.