Remote battery charge

Oct 26, 2011
Hi,
I need to charge my tablet remotely and preferably with the least human effort for a project of mine. This is a school project so there are some guidelines. I need to integrate the tablet on a moving robot, however, the catch is that the tablet can't be charged using the robot's energy(I am not in charge of putting together the robot or programming it). Keep in mind that I am only in charge of programming the tablet using Java and anything else involving the tablet. I thought to solve the problem using the robot's kinetic energy saved up in a back-up battery but I don't think that would be enough energy. Also I don't think kinetic energy would be a feasible solution since the production cost would be significantly high. Another idea was to put the robot in a dock/slot so the tablet would charge automatically from an external battery or charger. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
first, review the tablets out there and be sure to choose the most efficient. I know the Hauwei tablets use very little power. I would look at the chargers at some place like best buy and see what they are rated at. I would also looking into something called witricity http://www.witricity.com/

G
ood luck!