Removing widgets/lost trash can

JoeGo

Oct 15, 2012
Please help. I'm trying to remove some widgets. When I hold the widget I get kicked back to the home screen. While at the home screen I try to trash the widget but get NO trash can in upper right hand corner or anywhere. Al I get is a "remove" on the top center. Never gets rid of the widget. I can't find the trash can, did I remove it somehow? What to do???

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

Are you trying to remove the widget from the screen or uninstall the app. You can't actually remove a widget from the widget display area of the tablet. If the widget is on a home screen you can remove the widget but to remove it from the display of all the widgets you would need to uninstall it. You should be able to do that in settings - apps - all. Find the app and tap it.

Hope that makes sense.

JoeGo

Oct 15, 2012
After the apps screen, I scroll right and find widgets with numbers like "1x2" , "2x2", "2x3", etc. in the upper lwft hand corner of the widget. most are not apps at all. Some are clock,calendar, chess free.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
After the apps screen, I scroll right and find widgets with numbers like "1x2" , "2x2", "2x3", etc. in the upper lwft hand corner of the widget. most are not apps at all. Some are clock,calendar, chess free.

All those widgets do belong to apps. But if it's a stock app you may not have any easy way to control whether they display there or not. All the ones you mention are simply different sizes of the widgets. You may need to drag one to a home screen to see what app it belongs with.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Thanks, when or where is the trash can?

There isn't really a trashcan for the widget, only for any shortcut for that widget that you put on a home screen. The associated app would need to be uninstalled. If the widget is on a home screen you can long press and drag to remove which should display at the top of the screen. But that only removes the shortcut.