Repair or New Tab?

Desimor

Jun 13, 2012
Bought the tablet and had it for 2 days. Absolutely loved it and it came rooted. I was preparing to explore different roms, but I went to sleep on the 2nd day and heard a huge crash. My tablet was on the concert floor. I picked it up and the screen was absolutely fine. Then I turned it on and to my horror, there was a huge white pixelation dead smack in the middle. Lines of different colors were going across the screen too. I'm a huge tech geek and I've never broken equipment this easily. I was wondering if the LCD could be fixed for less than a $100 or should I just opt for a new tablet? I paid $120 for my Zenithink C71 and it was hard for me to find a tablet better than this one (in terms of specs) so I'd like to replace the screen, but I'm open to a tablet less than $100 that might be just as good or possibly better. If at all possible, could someone suggest a place that might fix the tablet or a tablet that is just as good or better for under a $100 (good luck, because I couldn't find anything)? I'd really rather not get another Zenithink from China. I'd rather buy locally in the US. I'm in Gainesville, FL if you know of any places I could get repairs. The only other tablet I see that has decently comparable specs is the Visual Land Connect 7" Tab that they sell at walmart.

Kingsman

Oct 31, 2011
Desimor said:
Bought the tablet and had it for 2 days. Absolutely loved it and it came rooted. I was preparing to explore different roms, but I went to sleep on the 2nd day and heard a huge crash. My tablet was on the concert floor. I picked it up and the screen was absolutely fine. Then I turned it on and to my horror, there was a huge white pixelation dead smack in the middle. Lines of different colors were going across the screen too. I'm a huge tech geek and I've never broken equipment this easily. I was wondering if the LCD could be fixed for less than a $100 or should I just opt for a new tablet? I paid $120 for my Zenithink C71 and it was hard for me to find a tablet better than this one (in terms of specs) so I'd like to replace the screen, but I'm open to a tablet less than $100 that might be just as good or possibly better. If at all possible, could someone suggest a place that might fix the tablet or a tablet that is just as good or better for under a $100 (good luck, because I couldn't find anything)? I'd really rather not get another Zenithink from China. I'd rather buy locally in the US. I'm in Gainesville, FL if you know of any places I could get repairs. The only other tablet I see that has decently comparable specs is the Visual Land Connect 7" Tab that they sell at walmart.

Google a Zenithink retailer in Florida. Ask them if they are able to do warranty repair. Some are. I did pretty much the same thing with my C91 and the retailer I bought mine from just told me to send mine back to them. They had another one to me within 5 days.

Rob

Desimor

Jun 13, 2012
Google a Zenithink retailer in Florida. Ask them if they are able to do warranty repair. Some are. I did pretty much the same thing with my C91 and the retailer I bought mine from just told me to send mine back to them. They had another one to me within 5 days.

Rob
Well that sounds great, but all I can find is Zenithink.us and there seems to be a bit of controversy with that website. Not to mention that I can't even find a phone number to even call them. How did you find yourself a retailer and how much did you pay to get it repaired? Was the warranty free?

Kingsman

Oct 31, 2011
Desimor said:
Well that sounds great, but all I can find is Zenithink.us and there seems to be a bit of controversy with that website. Not to mention that I can't even find a phone number to even call them. How did you find yourself a retailer and how much did you pay to get it repaired? Was the warranty free?

Search ebay for Zenithink C92. One of the sites there will be offering the tablet for 189.95-They also sell several other models including the C91.

The outfit's name is "sidekicksandmore". They are located in Jacksonville, Fla. Use their contact email and ask them about what you should do about warranty service. They should be able to give you some serious information, or find out who you should contact. For that matter, contact the company you got your tablet from. That company has some responsibility to help you! There is a1 year warranty on these tablets.

Don't give these companies too much info. Your tablet doesn't work and you really don't know what has happened.

You're right about Zenithink.us, I've never had any success with writing to them. I'd occasionally left some info on their board for customers, but other than that I think they're worthless.

If you still have trouble, let me know. I'll see if I can help you.

Rob

Last edited:

Desimor

Jun 13, 2012
I apologize for never finishing this thread. I ended up buying an HP Touchpad for $175 and have never been happier. I came across this thread while looking to see if I could replace the C71's LCD myself. My knowledge of tablets has increased considerably. I want to fix it up and give it to my mother as a present.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Congratulations Desimor, I think you just shattered the record for delay between posts to a thread. $icon_laugh.gif Better late than never though.

Glad to hear you're happy with the HP Touchpad, and I hope you'll be able to get that C71 fixed up for your Mom. Welcome back, enjoy the forum again!

Poppiesue1

Aug 20, 2013
The same thing (almost) happened to me. I had spilled some sprite on my Uniden tablet and the same thing happened on the screen. Is there anyway I can fix it? I don't really want to have to buy a new one. I live in Oak Ridge, TN if anyone knows about anything that could help nearby. Please help of you can! Oh yeah. And I also took the screen off and there was no rust or anything and you could still run an wire through it, and I even put the screen in some rice, but that still did nothing.