replacement digitizer screen for Scroll 7" tablet

arnieboy

Dec 23, 2011
Hi, my son dropped his Scroll 7" tablet, breaking the glass screen and the company advised me it's not possible to repair it due to the cost. I've taken it apart and it is just the glass digitizer. I am failing to find anyone who can identify or supply a new screen (digitizer). Can anyone advise if I am likely to find one please? It seems a shame to bin the tablet just because of this. Thanks

bytemode

Jan 26, 2013
I'm in the same boat.

Difficult to find a replacement - this digitizer has a chip on the connector cable.

I ordered this one from Ali Express which seems to be physically identical ...

http://www.***************/item/Cheap-Original-new-7-Capacitive-touch-panel-digitizer-glass-for-Ployer-momo9-Enhanced-III-TABLET-PC/708306169.html

Will let you know in a couple of weeks if it works out.

Last edited:

JamieM

Feb 12, 2013
Please reply as fast as possible, I have the same problem unfortunately, I've taken the current screen off, just need to find a replacement one now, also does the screen you found have the camera hole? Thanks

bytemode

Jan 26, 2013
Yaaayyy !

Took a while to wing its way over from Hong Kong, but it arrived today ... it fitted and worked perfectly !!!

Hope this helps some others out!

That said, its still a bit pricey - more than half the cost of a new tablet from HK :(

@JamieM - yes it has the camera hole in exactly the right spot!

ladyflava

Jun 3, 2013
Hiya, many thanks for your reply to this post, my daughter dropped my one this morning and after a frustrating few hours trying to contact various companies, I found this thread, and ordered a new screen :)

Duchies

Sep 6, 2013
Hi a word of warning I ordered one of these touch screens for my cracked school plus 55975 on opening it up I discovered the ribbon connection is different on my tablet so check the ribbon on yours before ordering a replacement .the one I ordered came with the little chip taped on to the ribbon connection but only 12 wires are on this connection and my one has about 30 wires .so any one need a replacement screen with the chip on it I will sell it to you.

arnieboy

Dec 23, 2011
I finally found a new digitiser on ebay. It all fits but does not respond and I am told the firmware may be different. If so, a) how do you change it? b) where do you get the firmware, can it be read from the broken item? If so, what gadget can do this please?