[REQ] Note taking apps to use with stylus

fylloh

Dec 6, 2012
Hi all. I have an ASUS Eee Pad (the Transformer Prime). I am not an experienced tablet user at all.

I really want to be able to use my tablet for note-taking, especially notes during classes/lectures. I have downloaded a few such as SuperNote, FreeNote, Antipaper, Papyrus, and LectureNotes to play with, but I keep having the same problem. Either the tablet or the app does not seem to register my handwriting very well. I have to write slowly and concentrate to try to make my handwriting appear as I want it to, and even then it doesn't always work well. And if I'm writing that slowly, I may as well just type (except I have no keyboard for my tablet--d'oh).

As I am a tablet newb, I'm not really sure if this is an app issue, a stylus issue, a settings issue in the tablet, or what. I just know that I'm desperate to solve it. :)

Any insight, tips, suggestions, etc., are appreciated!!!!!!

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Interesting, I've used a number of these when I had a TF101, and I found FreeNote to work very well. The one thing I did find out is the type of capacitive stylus you use makes all the diffrrence. The only rubber tip stylus that worked smoothly was the Pogo Sketch Pro, and probably the smoothest was one by Caseen, a type of fiber(?) Tip that registers without skipping across the screen. I think with one of these options your experience will be greatly improved.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1

fylloh

Dec 6, 2012
Interesting, I've used a number of these when I had a TF101, and I found FreeNote to work very well. The one thing I did find out is the type of capacitive stylus you use makes all the diffrrence. The only rubber tip stylus that worked smoothly was the Pogo Sketch Pro, and probably the smoothest was one by Caseen, a type of fiber(?) Tip that registers without skipping across the screen. I think with one of these options your experience will be greatly improved.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1

Thanks. I will look into those.