[REQ] Stylist note taking app

mmimzy

May 9, 2011
Hello, everyone i am new the site and new to andriod. I plan on getting one near the end of the month a eee pad former. I like the keyboard option, and that the keyboard has the usb(though i also don't like that the usb isn't on the note book >< i'd get the aser if it wasn't for battery life.) I plan to use it for classes, with the kindle ap to take notes in my books while also being able to read the books on the go.

I want another app and am looking for everyones opinion.

THe type of app i need is for classes. I want an app where i can take hand written notes and maybe do homework though not as important.

I need an app that gives me limitless pages or one that is really easy to bring up a new page. The reason being that a lot of professors go very quickly and cover alto of material quickly so i have to be able to keep up with them.

It really need to be hand written, I've tried one note for a lap top and its awful, its to slow when it comes to making a triangle or a circle, and it's also very slow when it comes to shorting words or using simples like 'such as' and therefore. If they have a good one note for droid i'd really like that as well.

opotional would be a program, with lined paper. Also a program that i can some how transfer my written work to my pc to print, or print form the droid would be great. This isn't required but helps.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Couple of recommendations that are not exactly what you ask for, but may come close. Look at the Pulse or Echo pens from Livescribe. Lets you create notes using the pen and paper, these can then be automatically sync'd to the tablet via Evernote. I use this every day and swear by it.

Otherwise take a look at MaplePaint, which is pretty good with some tweaking of settings in recognizing a stylus on the screen.

Good luck!

mmimzy

May 9, 2011
What about something with voice input?

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

voice input is nice but i dont know >< can't talk to my lap top in class and i've found recording devices in class rooms aren't very effective ><.

pbrauer, your idea does look really cook and i'll definity book mark it if ican't find anything better. I've been looking at the htc flyer problem is battery life seems kind of awful from what i've read. 4 hours video play back >< thats 6 hours of regular use at best ><. ON the subject though how is OS 2.4? and do you guys think there is any chance they'd every offer honeycomb on the device?

and any idea on release of the EEE pad memo? if its anything like the transformer that thing would be perfect ><