Request: Coby MID9742 Stock Firmware Dump (Build Year 2013)

Joss1707

Apr 7, 2015
I know there are many different variants on the hardware of this tablet. I need specifically one built in 2013. I have searched along various threads, downloaded many, taken a look in the build.prop and can't found any with that build year.Please, if someone could help me :)
Sorry for the bad english(?

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
The central repository for dumps is in the sticky posts in the Development sub-forum. Each dump was contributed by a user of the tablet in question, and obviously these aren't official images from Coby. As a result, this is what we have available. Perhaps you could explain what your problem is and why you need a 2013 version of the firmware?

Joss1707

Apr 7, 2015
I'm so sorry, I have already been in the dump's thread. See, I've made two horrible mistakes: I didn't make a backup of my tablet before flashing it, and I flashed it by using LiveSuit, because I didn't know how terrible it was (I'm new in this forums)
However, it boots and works properly, except there is no wifi. I have installed Vampirefo's CWM recovery, downloaded the available dumps, modified the Vampirefo's flashable MID9742_stock.zip changing the lib and module directories, and flashed them but nothing happens.
I know my tablet build year is 2013, because the layer in the main PCB, and think it was the only version made available in Mexico, where I live.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
From memory I do not recall anyone providing a 2013 vintage dump. Thus there's no way I know of to restore your tablet's WiFi. And worse, Coby is no longer in business, meaning no manufacturer to repair the tablet.

kevinthefixer

Developer
Feb 10, 2014
You might try @Vampirefo's Mobiz_v2 ROM for your tablet. It might not work but you don't have a lot to lose--a Mobile Internet Device isn't much good without a mobile internet connection. Between flashing a Livesuit image and installing CWM afterwards I am surprised your tablet works at all! Once you have flashed with Livesuit nothing is ever quite right again.

If you can by any means discover what WiFi chipset is in it, there is a slim chance we can find and install the necessary kernel module, but it's a very slim chance.