[Review] The ElCheapo Eglobel Electronics Tablet

rsalter1

Jan 4, 2012
It's another cheap "no name" knockoff assembled by Eglobel, but not a bad price at $79 and free shipping. I bought it 'sted of the Kindle at the same price, but WITHOUT the blankety-blank spam. With a freebie ap called "Moon Reader" it works very well as a book reader.

The tablet features:

• LCD Display -7" WVGA Wide-Screen (800*480 pixels) 16:9
  • CPU - VIA WM8650, High-Performance 800MHZ CPU+300MHZ DSP
  • OS - Google Android System 2.2 version (FLASH 10.1 SUPPORTED)
  • Memory - 128MB DDR2
  • Storage - 1GB Standard/4G FLASH
  • Card Reader - Support Micro SD Card (maximum capacity of 32GB )
  • G-Sensor - 4-Dimensional gravity sensing
  • Touch panel - Resistive Touch Screen (two point) achieve pages and images zoom in and out
  • Wireless WIFI - Support IEEE 802.11b/g/n
  • Ethernet - Cable Internet: 10/100M adaptive(RJ45 convertor included)
  • External - 3G WCDMA: Huawei E220/E230/E160X/E169G/E1750, Alcatel X060S/X200
  • CDMA2000 - Bora 9380/AWIT-U8
  • TD-CDMA - TD368
  • I/O Port - 24pin USB switch interface*1,Headphone *1, MIC*1, DC JACK*1, card reader*1
  • Media File - Audio: MP2, MP3, WAV, AAC, WMA
  • Video - MPEG1/2/4, MJPG, H263 (resolution: 1280×720) H264 (resolution: 720×480)
  • Photo - JPG, JPEG, BMP, PNG.
  • Sound effect - In focus Audio Built-in microphone, 3.5mm Standard Headset jack
  • Camera - Built-in .3 Mega Pixel Camera
  • Battery: 500mAh or optional 1800mAh Li-ion batteries
  • Power Device Type: 110V nationwide use, optional 240V worldwide use, 9V DC Output, 2A
  • Other - functions Office (Excel, Word, PDF, Powerpoint) Youtube, Facebook, Instant Message
  • Accessories - AC Adapter (Optional Quick Rapid Charger), Ethernet Jack w/ USB Ports, User Manual

And except for only getting about a 2 hour run when playing a heavy graphics game like Angry Birds or browsing the WEB extensively, I have little or no complaint.
There are a few "glitchy" quirks about this tablet. It does tend to drop the WIFI connection until you get the right combination from the router figured out. (Oddly enough, the generic WIFI at most Mickey D's seems to work just fine.) At my house apparently there is some interference on channel 6 that my android phone does not see, but the tablet does causing it to lose then regain the connection. Switching to channel 4 on the router seems to have cured it, but I'll report back on that when I've used it a couple of days. The Ethernet connection is rock steady.

The USB/Ethernet adapter connector is cheesy and might be easily broken. (But I haven't yet!) On the plus side there are two USB ports on the adapter along with one Ethernet port.

The built in speakers are not very loud or very hi-fi (Hey! What do you expect for $79 bucks?) but the audio quality is fair thru the 3.5mm Standard Headset jack.

There is no built in 3G, however an external plug-in is available for those that might want it.

I intend to add a micro DS 32 meg chip after I've played with it a while, but have not as yet. More after I do.

The touch screen is not quite as sensitive as I would like it to be, but maybe there's an AP for that?

All in all, a very inexpensive way to get into the tablet game.

rsalter1

Jan 4, 2012
Not endorsing or encouraging purchase. This tablet can be frustrating because of the lack of documentation. But here's the URL:
Home page

Boss

Mar 12, 2012
Do you know if this tab stocks to the uk? Might have a look if so because I want another tab but don't want to spend to much.