Rockchip 2928

TheBigCheese

Jun 16, 2010
How about a forum for Rockchip 2928 based tablets? I bought the iPPO K7 from Focalprice which is based on the Rockchip 2928 chipset and runs Android Jelly Bean 4.1.1. I have a few newbie questions. It came with an old version of iLauncher which makes it look like an iPad so no Widgets for me. I would like to uninstall it but am afraid that the generic Android home page may not even work. If so, how would I recover?

Oct 29, 2013
I bought a tablet off eBay. No-name brand, spent the last few days trying to locate firmware. So, I too would enjoy a Rockchip2928 forum. I'm looking for S750L RK292x firmware.

As to your question, I believe you would need to re-flash the firmware. Just Google for RKBatchTool and get the appropriate firmware for your model.

hafeez2001

Mar 15, 2014
i also bought the rk2928sdk board device named as "GEEX" with model as "278i". i can not find proper firmware for it. somehow rooted it (not sure how because tried several methods including bin4ry), but can not boot into recovery or bootloader (it reboots with totally blank screen). my problem is to find a recovery (preferably TWRP) since my device DOES NOT HAVE ANY BUTTONS EXCEPT THE START AND RESET HOLE ON BACK. Its a 7 inch tab with specs as given in the screenshots attached here $About Tablet.png$Kernel info.png$Processor info.png$system info.png
can anybody help me solve my problem so that i can make a CWM or TWRP backup just in case, please ?
regards

Shmarkus

Jun 4, 2014
i also bought the rk2928sdk board device named as "GEEX" with model as "278i". i can not find proper firmware for it. somehow rooted it (not sure how because tried several methods including bin4ry), but can not boot into recovery or bootloader (it reboots with totally blank screen). my problem is to find a recovery (preferably TWRP) since my device DOES NOT HAVE ANY BUTTONS EXCEPT THE START AND RESET HOLE ON BACK. Its a 7 inch tab with specs as given in the screenshots attached here View attachment 12408View attachment 12409View attachment 12410View attachment 12411
can anybody help me solve my problem so that i can make a CWM or TWRP backup just in case, please ?
regards

Just registered to say, that Your device looks familiar. I might have something for You! Check out [ROM][4.1.2] Goclever TAB R70 (RK2926) - xda-developers or search for my other entrys. Best of luck!