[ROM]27 Nov 2011][3G only][HC 3.2]Ganbarou GT V0.4

beegee_tokyo

Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Honeycomb 3.2 ROM for Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 3G ROM (GT-P7500).
Soon after the release of Ganbarou GT V0.3 a new Honeycomb 3.2 ROM was leached. See the XDA thread of Przekret who shared it with us.
Based on this ROM I created the Ganbarou GT V0.4 mod. It contains only small graphical mods, pershoots kernel and (thanks to alterbridge86) a reboot option in the power menu.

Reminder:

• Be aware that this is only for the 3G version of the SGT. I cannot test on Wifi, LTE (4G), or 10.1v versions of the tablet. I guess it will not work and you will get into problems.
  • You flash this ROM on your own risk. If you damage your tablet with this ROM I take no responsibility for it.
  • Start SuperUser once after 1st boot to make sure its working correct!

Credits & Thanks:

Download:

• Ganbarou GT V0.4
  • I provide 2 download files, one is for flashing with CWM recovery, the other one is for flashing through Odin.
  • To flash with CWM recovery you need to have already a custom ROM or a modded stock ROM on your device.
  • FLASH THE ODIN VERSION ONLY IF YOU HAVE NO OTHER WAY TO FLASH THE TABLET!
  • If you have a stock ROM without any changes you can use my Odin flash ROM to get a custom ROM, CWM recovery and pershoots kernel on your tablet in one single flash step. But there is a counter that registers the ODIN flash of non Samsung ROM and it might influence your warranty.
  • Flashing with Odin is as well the only way to upgrade your modem file to the latest status.
  • Be aware that after flashing the ODIN ROM you will get a yellow warning triangle while you boot. No influence on the tablet, but it is annoying during boot/reboot. If you don't like this then get your tablet rooted, flash CWM and then flash the ZIP version of my ROM. Sorry for the inconvenience.
  • Icon Patch:
  • Original stock icons for Back/Home/Apps/Screenshot available. Flash attached file org-framework.zip with CWM recovery to get back the original icons.
  • Ebook reader:
  • Got finally the original Samsung eBook reader to work on the KK4 build. Download from here.

Changelog:
V0.4

• Changed to new ROM base XWKK4
  • Rooted
  • Deodexed
  • ZIP aligned
  • Flashable with CWM
  • Overcome CWM recovery 5.1.2.6
  • Pershoot HC3.2 Kernel 2.36.4 build 22.11.2011
  • Added ADB over WiFi, TitaniumBackup (in data/app folder, not in system/app)
  • Changed default wallpaper, lockscreen wallpaper.
  • Ads free host file
  • Changed APN config file to include Softbank Japan

More info and screenshots:

a1-wallpaper.png

Last edited:

beegee_tokyo

Developer
Feb 8, 2011
After the Honeycomb 3.2 ROM versions were leaked, a lot of people were disappointed that the Ebook reader did not work anymore on the customized ROMs. It was the same for my own custom ROM, the Ganbarou V0.4.

I played around a little bit and could finally get the Ebook reader to work. And even better, it is no longer a system application that you need to flash with the CWM recovery. Now you can just install the application as a normal user application.

To install the ebook reader, download the ebook.apk from my apps section. Copy the file to your tablet. Open your file manager on the tablet, and double click on the ebook.apk file to install it.

But I have to say, I am a little bit disappointed, because the Ebook reader has problems with the German fonts. See on the screenshots on my website post.

Download as usual from the apps section of my website . MD5 checksum is 9db1d18b8013e02deeaaeb1da2f0ca84 for the apk file.