[ROM] Akop Slimrom Port Nexus 7 JB 4.1.2

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
OK people here's another ROM for you
Remember always do a nandroid backup of your existing rom
Also cwm recovery must be the jb version, so if your coming from ics do the recovery upgrade

Ported from nexus 7 slimroms
http://d-h.st/J23

View attachment 10375

Bugs
USB debugging
Camera fc's but video works
Might be a few other issues but you can run this as a daily driver
Vampirefo's custom kernel (Thanks)
Gapps required so use my gapps from my flashes slim rom :http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/showthread.php?t=52614

Sent from my a2109a using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
Doing it again, kinda like the week i am having, what ever can go wrong has:D:D:eek::eek:

Sent from my Evo 3D GSM using Tapatalk 2

aniym

Mar 3, 2013
I'm having a few problems. I'm coming from MCL's 4.0.4 ROM. PC is Windows 7 Pro 64-bit.

- USB isn't mounting (MTP or mass storage)
- On startup, I get "Unfortunately, android.process.media has stopped"

For the first issue, I downloaded the USB drivers I found here (XDA link by Slimbean dev: forum not letting me paste links for some reason). Before I downloaded, I was getting a "USB device not installed" message in the Windows taskbar. Now when I connect it, it makes the USB connect sound but the device no longer tries to automatically install drivers and I can't locate it in Device Manager.

For the second problem, I checked around. The problem appears if the ROM was installed without a clean wipe being done. I always do clean wipes/caches in CWM Recovery, so I don't have an explanation as to why it's still happening.

Edit: new problem. Restored to MCL 4.0.4 ROM, but now when I do a USB connection, I can view the files on the device, but cannot transfer anything to the device. The "Copying Files.." dialog box pops up but it's stays stuck at zero. Pretty frustrated as I've never had this happen on any other ROM I've tried. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

mcl630

Dec 3, 2012
For your problem with it being stuck at the "Copying Files" dialog, try rebooting the A2109. I've seen weird stuff like that happen with MTP, usually rebooting fixes it.

aniym

Mar 3, 2013
For your problem with it being stuck at the "Copying Files" dialog, try rebooting the A2109. I've seen weird stuff like that happen with MTP, usually rebooting fixes it.

Thanks. I had previously rebooted both the PC and the tablet, to no avail, but after trying it again, it works. Unfortunately, it seems that restoring the MCL 4.0.4 ROM from CWM borked CWM as I can no longer boot into it by hitting Power+Vol Up...just get a blank screen.

Another weird issue is that the SD card only shows certain Android folder, mostly app data caches...some folder that were recently modified (movies, music, etc.) are missing, but viewable on the tablet. Very weird.

Anyway, this is not about the Slimrom anymore so I shouldn't really confuse people by going on about it.

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
I guess i should put in the op that jb cwm is required to flash this, you can not flash jb roms if you are running ics

gmenik

Mar 1, 2013
I guess i should put in the op that jb cwm is required to flash this, you can not flash jb roms if you are running ics

Is there a flashsable cwmr or i just can use any out there

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

gmenik

Mar 1, 2013
I like your boot animation...kinda small....I hope some of the important that fc will fix on future biuld. Love it, i will play with it for a while. Does the theme option works so we don't need inverted gapps anymore. there is alot of good dark theme out there. Keep up the good work man...seems like sound is fine.:cool:

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
Themes should work, I guess you have to find a theme that's compatible with our display size, I am try to find out why certain things FC's , just need more time

Sent from my A2109A using Tapatalk HD