[ROM] Blue Water - Kyros MID 8027 - MPMAN 827 - Mediox MID8027

InsaneWolf

Jan 3, 2012
Hi, I made a rom named Blue Water (still open for other names) for the following devices:
MPMAN 827 - Mediox MID8027 (tested and working on MPMAN 827).

DO NOT INSTALL THIS ON A Kyros MID 8027

Looking like this:
1450fe47fc6d3f93ff072c134eaeda35_L.jpg

Screenshots:
$25t9r3b.jpg
$33z8mkh.jpg
$24cfxc0.jpg
$svp4yp.jpg

Blue water contains the following:
-add root by default
-LCD Density Change to 160
-add setprop au.ui.enable_auto_sd_path_env true to init.smdkv210.rc ( allows apps to automatically detect external SD card rather then the internal)
-added ro.media.enc.jpeg.quality=100 to build prop for better jpeg quality
-added debug.sf.hw=1 to build.prop for Hardware accelerated/Rendered UI
-added windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=150 to build prop for improved scroll response
-added debug.performance.tuning=1
video.accelerate.hw=1 to build.prop for better touch response.
-Removed standard junk APKs
-add latest play store
-add google apps
-change default background
-battery saving tweaks
-web browsing speed improved
-increased VM heapsize

Download:
- Installing blue water is completely at your own risk, I am NOT responsible for any hardware faillure -
Blue Water v1 : http://adf.ly/6OgvY (sorry for ad, need to live to ;) )
Original rom : Яндекс.Народ
(if for some reason Blue Water does not install, then you can do the how to procedure with the original rom to go back to stock)

How to:

1) Unrar the .rar to any location you prefer.
2) Go into the Blue Water folder
3) Copy all the files inside this folder to the ROOT of an external sdcard
(make sure there is nothing else on this card!)
You will have something like this:
$33zbd5s.png
4) Shut down your tablet and insert the sdcard with the files you just copyd on it
5) Press POWER and VOLUME UP at the same time and keep holding them untill you see
some text appear, then release the buttons and wait untill the tablet shuts off by itself
!!! DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING WHILE WAITING !!!
6) Power on the tablet and enjoy.

Issues?
1) Please let me know if you have any issue with the rom (software issue)
2) Always open for suggestions and help!
3) Installing blue water is completely at your own risk, I am not responsible for any
hardware faillure.

Last edited:

dachabre

Oct 8, 2011
GREAT JOB!!!
I successfully installed ROM and it works great. It is much better than original Mediox rom.
I will test it and report issues to you.

Rom is working perfectly :)
the only thing you forgot is flash player, but it is easy to install it via Market !!!!

Last edited:

InsaneWolf

Jan 3, 2012
could this firmware work with a MID1125 ?

Simple answer: NO

Although the buttons are the same, the hardware probably to, BUT your screen is different,
so if you flash this you can expect problems with your display. I don't recommend doing it, sorry.

InsaneWolf

Jan 3, 2012
http://db.tt/LljRI8ZE

Antutu results :)

Note: this was ran on blue water v2 where I added some performance settings, so v1 should be
a little slower. I am not releasing v2 yet as it needs more testing.

Last edited:

prog19

Dec 26, 2011
WHOW man! Awesome scoring for an Telechip tablet !Your work seems to be great.
I have an 8024, and I think the 8 inch tablet is really something. I'm willing to try one of these some day

How's the battery ? My kyros 8024 usually makes about 6 to 7 (or more) hours with wi-fi on, navigating and screen brightness at the minimum.

InsaneWolf

Jan 3, 2012
Battery life is about the same (in v1) havent tested on v2 yet as I was sick the past 2 days so had no time to really test v2 and put in improvements. In v2 I changed the heap size to 256mb instead of 48mb, but I dont know if it will drain the battery much. Also trying to find the kernel source to make a custom one to enable overclocking, but that will drain the batterylife ofcourse, but cranck up the score even more :p I will also see if I can run the benchmark on the original rom later tonight or tomorrow for comparising ;)

----------------------------

Seems developing is over, my tablet = dead :)

Last edited:

mixone

Mar 9, 2012
I have a MPMAN MP827 4GB and I don't install the firmware.
When I press POWER and VOL UP appear FWDN?
I f****d up my tablet, I flashed with FWDN a version from COBY but touchscreen don't work.
Maybe you send me aClockWorkMod backup from your tablet ?

How I install you rom?

InsaneWolf

Jan 3, 2012
Flashed a wrong rom, all I get now is a white screen when I boot it, can not get a good rom flashed to it anymore, so yeah, dead xD

dachabre

Oct 8, 2011
I have a MPMAN MP827 4GB and I don't install the firmware.
When I press POWER and VOL UP appear FWDN?
I f****d up my tablet, I flashed with FWDN a version from COBY but touchscreen don't work.
Maybe you send me aClockWorkMod backup from your tablet ?

How I install you rom?

Try with different SD card - and SD card should be empty (except Blue Water)....

InsaneWolf

Jan 3, 2012
OH - !"#%$"%"!!!!!

mean, you cant enter recovery mode?

Is there any way I can help?

I already tried lots of things, even took out the internal sdcard and made it empty, restored it from a virtual harddrive and so on. The only thing happening when I press power + volume up is that the screen powers on, goes from white to brighter white, then goes black for a moment and then shows bright white again till eternity. So I guess it is completely dead.

(also tried doing various combinations like power + M button but that didnt help)

Last edited:

mixone

Mar 9, 2012
Try with different SD card - and SD card should be empty (except Blue Water)....

Thanks for answear.
I tryed with another SD. Nothing.
If I press POWER + VOL+ appears FWDN and if I press POWER + VOL- appear Fastboot
Now tablet works, but only with mouse. Touchscreen don't work.
I rooted again, I install ClockWorkMod.