added dsp manager
added inverted Apollo
1Mobile Market - replaced by Google Play Store
FileExplore - replaced by OI File Manager v1.1.4
Google Music - replaced by Apollo and DSPManager
Kingsoft Office - replaced by Quickoffice v5.0.109
Launcher - 9 mb copy of launcher 2 instead of the stock 17 mb
Super-HD player - replaced by Google Gallery
Pulse - replaced by Google News & Weather v1.3.04.

I also have an app pack for most files you want to reinstall (like flash player) Link Here
-how to install-
1.a. download d2_711 rom v2.1 and place it on your sdcard (For serial D21209xxxxxxx) Link here
Opt: 160 scanline patch
1.b. download d2_711 rom v2.1 and place it on your sdcard (For serial D201212xxxxxxx) Link here thanks to djelmonstruo for stock boot.img
Opt: 160 scanline patch
2a. download the d2_711 hack pack (For serial D21209xxxxxxx) and unrar it with winrar Link here
2b. download the d2_711 hack pack (For serial D201212xxxxxxx) and unrar it with winrar Link here
3. in recovery format everything except your sdcard. (this is under mounts and storage)
4. install rom
5. enjoy!

server here
Myfishbear's Rom Server ./D2pad

-tips-
try no-frills cpu and set it to min clock 204mhz max clock 1.008ghz interactive gov with noop scheduler for longer battery life
don't update Netflix
use screen filter in play store to make the screen darker so you can save more power

try flashing this for facelock and video chat - thanks to rebel1699
http://omniimpact.com/android/roms/...elock-videochat-autofocus-20120131-signed.zip
or
http://db.tt/we4xiTM7

Last edited:

RayanMX

Jan 12, 2011
Thanks for the ROM myfishbear!

Oh, and the tip about the Screen Filter, well it does not really apply to this device. That only helps on devices with AMOLED based screens. D2 screens are really old tech with backlight....

Thanks again though!!!

minnemike81

Dec 7, 2012
Thank you everyone who pitched in and got all this together, and so quick! I do have a question maybe someone can answer. I have a D2PAD D2-711 and I noticed mine is 1.2ghz w/ 512mb even though my box says 1ghz / 512mb. Does anyone else have 1.2ghz processors on their D2-711? I have 3 more D2-711's I will check tomorrow when I open them to get them ready for the family. Also, will flashing this rom mess anything up since my processor is different? Or should I ajust it differently? Current setup is 60-1200mhz. Thanks.

RayanMX

Jan 12, 2011
Thank you everyone who pitched in and got all this together, and so quick! I do have a question maybe someone can answer. I have a D2PAD D2-711 and I noticed mine is 1.2ghz w/ 512mb even though my box says 1ghz / 512mb. Does anyone else have 1.2ghz processors on their D2-711? I have 3 more D2-711's I will check tomorrow when I open them to get them ready for the family. Also, will flashing this rom mess anything up since my processor is different? Or should I ajust it differently? Current setup is 60-1200mhz. Thanks.

Mine shows 1.2 Ghz under Rom Toolbox Pro too, however I'm not sure if that's correct or not. I would have preferred to be 1 GB RAM instead!!! lol

What I'm sure though is that it will make no difference with this ROM and that you should be good to go with it.

Cheers!

minnemike81

Dec 7, 2012
D2PAD D2-711Thanks for the quick response RayanMX! I will check the other 3 I bought and see if there's a difference. The one I'm using now is blue and the others are pink and black, so I have all the colors to check. Is there another app you can recommend to check to see if rom toolbox is wrong? Also have you overclocked yours yet?

RayanMX

Jan 12, 2011
I haven't got the time to double check the CPU speed and today I don't have the D2 with me.

I already tried to Overclock it, but as soon as I slide the bar to increase the frequency, it gets frozen and had to restart the D2... I'm having lots of hacking problems with this tablet, like partial root (system partition not write enabled) and without this resolved, I can't do anything else like flash new ROMs, etc.

I got these two D2 Pads for XMas presents to the kids, so I really don't want to bother with it much except removing bloatware which I already did.

cheers!

myfishbear

Nov 12, 2012
I haven't got the time to double check the CPU speed and today I don't have the D2 with me.

I already tried to Overclock it, but as soon as I slide the bar to increase the frequency, it gets frozen and had to restart the D2... I'm having lots of hacking problems with this tablet, like partial root (system partition not write enabled) and without this resolved, I can't do anything else like flash new ROMs, etc.

I got these two D2 Pads for XMas presents to the kids, so I really don't want to bother with it much except removing bloatware which I already did.

cheers!
dl superuser.apk and update the superuser binary and install busybox with busybox installer. this will give u a full root

myfishbear

Nov 12, 2012
i wouldnt advise running this thing @ 1.2 ghz i fried one at that speed. 206mhz-1.15 ghz with interactive and noop seems to be the sweet spot for a10 cpus for me btw all 3 pads have the same cpu but have different main-boards with different ram and buttons and other misc differences.

Last edited:

myfishbear

Nov 12, 2012
Thanks for the ROM myfishbear!

Oh, and the tip about the Screen Filter, well it does not really apply to this device. That only helps on devices with AMOLED based screens. D2 screens are really old tech with backlight....

Thanks again though!!!
true but it is much easier on the eyes when reading a kindle book or in a dark room

RayanMX

Jan 12, 2011
dl superuser.apk and update the superuser binary and install busybox with busybox installer. this will give u a full root

Thanks for that tip, but I have done that and so much more but still no full root.

I have experience with many other Android devices, but for some weird reason, this one refuses to cooperate! lol....