-rom- d2pad SN_D201208Bxxxxx

myfishbear

Nov 12, 2012
View attachment 9375
I Just made a nice DII pad rom for use on models with S/N D201208Bxxxxx with 1gb ram
it has 120 line density
Google play - thanks to vampirefo
wifi based gps - thanks to jimc3
all the bloat removed
kindle works
removed ugly wallpaper
it has a boot animation
it has busybox and superuser
new launcher 2 which is snappier
added dsp manager
added inverted Apollo
1Mobile Market - replaced by Google Play Store
FileExplore - replaced by OI File Manager v1.1.4
Google Music - replaced by Apollo and DSPManager
Kingsoft Office - replaced by Quickoffice v5.0.109
Launcher - 9 mb copy of launcher 2 instead of the stock 17 mb
Super-HD player - replaced by Google Gallery
Pulse - replaced by Google News & Weather v1.3.04.

I also have an app pack for most files you want to reinstall (like flash player) Link Here

-instructions
make sure your on the latest update, i have it on my server along with a copy of the original recovery
1. make sure the rom is on a external sd card.
2. flash it with vampirefo's SN_D201208Bxxxxx recovery (i made a hack pack with bat files for an easy install and adb drivers)
3. in recovery format everything except your sdcard. (this is under mounts and storage)
4. install rom
5. enjoy!
6. -optional- you need to reinstall recovery after you install this rom

files are here
Myfishbear's Rom Server ./DIIpad

-tips-
do not oc over 1.1 ghz it will mess your d2pad up (fried one @1.2ghz and returned it lol)
try no-frills cpu and set it to min clock 204mhz max clock 1.008ghz interactive gov with noop scheduler for longer battery life
don't update Netflix
use screen filter in play store to make the screen darker so you can save more power

View attachment 9375
if you have a DIIpad SN_D201209Bxxxxx with 1gb of ram
1. download drom 0.6.1 and place it on your sdcard Link here
2. download the SN_D201209Bxxxxx hack pack and unrar it with winrar Link here
3. in recovery format everything except your sdcard. (this is under mounts and storage)
4. install rom
5. enjoy!

View attachment 9376
if you have a D2pad with 512 ram
1.a. download d2_711 rom v2.1 and place it on your sdcard (For serial D21209xxxxxxx) Link here
1.b. download d2_711 rom v2.1 and place it on your sdcard (For serial D201212xxxxxxx) Link here thanks to djelmonstruo for stock boot.img
2. download the d2_711 hack pack and unrar it with winrar Link here
4. install rom
5. enjoy!

Last edited:

myfishbear

Nov 12, 2012
-how to get into vampirefo's recovery in windows using the hack pack
$Untitled-2.jpg

Last edited:

bleys2112

Nov 4, 2012
i just made a nice d2 pad rom for use on modeles with S/N D201208Bxxxxx
it has 120 line density
google play - thanks to vampirefo
wifi based gps - thanks to jimc3
all the bloat removed
kindle works
removed ugly wallpaper
it has a bootanimation
it has busybox and superuser
new launcher 2 which is snappier
added dsp manager
added inverted apollo
also have an app pack for most files you want to reinstall (like flash player)

-instructions
1. make sure the rom is on a external sd card.
2. flash it with vampirefo's recovery (i made a hack pack with bat files for an easy install and adb drivers)
4. install rom
5. enjoy!
6. -optional- you need to reinstall recovery after you install this rom

files are here
http://omniimpact.com/android/roms/myfishbear/?dir=/D2pad D201208Bxxxxx SN

-tips-
do not oc over 1.1 ghz it will mess your d2pad up (fried one @1.2ghz and returned it lol)
try no-frills cpu and set it to min clock 204mhz max clock 1.008ghz interactive gov with noop scheduler for longer battery life

I might actually try this... I have been trying to get vampirefo's ROM to work with DSP manager and unfortunately, my need for a working DSP manager is just creating more problems :confused: (see this post). I purchased this tablet (d201208bxxxxx) exclusively for in-car use as a glorified MP3 player running only a couple of apps, the most resource intensive of which being the Project M live wallpaper. I have it configured to be always ON when there is a power source (car ignition) and sleep/standby after 15 seconds. If I do not pause playback before sleep, it continues to playback audio and drains the tablet battery which is something I can live with. It sounds like you have a pretty good grasp of the CPU governors and power management. My question is, is there any kind of power optimizing, management or APK trimming I could do to the system to better optimize your ROM for this type of application? I really only need the Play Store, Project M, Car Tunes and oh yeah, 32gb of music!!! :cool:

myfishbear

Nov 12, 2012
I might actually try this... I have been trying to get vampirefo's ROM to work with DSP manager and unfortunately, my need for a working DSP manager is just creating more problems :confused: (see this post). I purchased this tablet (d201208bxxxxx) exclusively for in-car use as a glorified MP3 player running only a couple of apps, the most resource intensive of which being the Project M live wallpaper. I have it configured to be always ON when there is a power source (car ignition) and sleep/standby after 15 seconds. If I do not pause playback before sleep, it continues to playback audio and drains the tablet battery which is something I can live with. It sounds like you have a pretty good grasp of the CPU governors and power management. My question is, is there any kind of power optimizing, management or APK trimming I could do to the system to better optimize your ROM for this type of application? I really only need the Play Store, Project M, Car Tunes and oh yeah, 32gb of music!!! :cool:

well with android, any app you instal technically runs like 24/7 due to the nature of Linux/unix. so i deleted all the crap off the device that may drain power. i chose Apollo over Google music cuz it uses less energy. i also used a 9 mb copy of launcher 2 instead of the stock 17 mb. i like using no frills and interactive, this allows good performance yet scales the cpu down to 200mhz when it isnt needed. i get about 12 hours out of this. if im watching flash videos its about 4 hours.(flash eats power)...
to keep power drain to a minimum id install titanium backup and delete kindle and netflix and any other app you don't use, (try not to del any system essential apps tho.) and use no frills cpu 200-1ghz interactive and noop for a good balance of performance and battery saving. you can even lower your max to 800 if you want.
btw when using dsp manager use the phone speaker eq it controls the whole device(headphone and bluetooth do nothing lol)

Last edited:

bleys2112

Nov 4, 2012
well with android, any app you instal technically runs like 24/7 due to the nature of Linux/unix. so i deleted all the crap off the device that may drain power. i chose Apollo over Google music cuz it uses less energy. i also used a 9 mb copy of launcher 2 instead of the stock 17 mb. i like using no frills and interactive, this allows good performance yet scales the cpu down to 200mhz when it isnt needed. i get about 12 hours out of this. if im watching flash videos its about 4 hours.(flash eats power)...
to keep power drain to a minimum id install titanium backup and delete kindle and netflix and any other app you don't use, (try not to del any system essential apps tho.) and use no frills cpu 200-1ghz interactive and noop for a good balance of performance and battery saving. you can even lower your max to 800 if you want.
btw when using dsp manager use the phone speaker eq it controls the whole device(headphone and bluetooth do nothing lol)

Sounds like good advice, thank you... you guys definitely rock!!!

myfishbear

Nov 12, 2012
Good job we need more roms and dev work thanks for you upload, I have just ported my TB rom (Thunder Bolt) will upload it later.

ty! without your recovery i would have just had to push my hack into it via adb... it saves me so much time :)

bleys2112

Nov 4, 2012

Very nice ROM... the audio on my D2 is noticeably more stable (that is probably because of OEM driver modules and/or sound libraries). My DSP Manager still does not work at all and I did test using the stock Apollo player under the "speaker setting" just so you know. I really need an EQ that will work off the headphone jack anyway so it looks like more testing is needed! Honestly, I am just a cheapskate and hate buying milk when I got a cow at home (or something like that ;)).

myfishbear

Nov 12, 2012
Very nice ROM... the audio on my D2 is noticeably more stable (that is probably because of OEM driver modules and/or sound libraries). My DSP Manager still does not work at all and I did test using the stock Apollo player under the "speaker setting" just so you know. I really need an EQ that will work off the headphone jack anyway so it looks like more testing is needed! Honestly, I am just a cheapskate and hate buying milk when I got a cow at home (or something like that ;)).

if you edit the eq in phone speaker it will effect the headphone jack and speaker, if you select headphone jack it does nothing. did you apply the update from d2 b4 flashing? i did. i also tested it myself and it works fine on mine and my gf's as well
you could try wiping data on dsp manager if all else fails you can try installing my modified beats audio patch http://omniimpact.com/android/roms/myfishbear/Droid 4 Roms/Patches/AddBeats.zip

Last edited:

bleys2112

Nov 4, 2012
if you edit the eq in phone speaker it will effect the headphone jack and speaker, if you select headphone jack it does nothing. did you apply the update from d2 b4 flashing? i did. i also tested it myself and it works fine on mine and my gf's as well
you could try wiping data on dsp manager if all else fails you can try installing my modified beats audio patch http://omniimpact.com/android/roms/myfishbear/Droid 4 Roms/Patches/AddBeats.zip

Okay, another try with vampirefo's CM7 and then back to your rom (both clean installs) confirms that DSP does indeed work with your rom including through the headphone jack. I am not sure why it quit on me, but it appears to be okay now. I am totally backing this sucker up! :cool:

myfishbear

Nov 12, 2012
Okay, another try with vampirefo's CM7 and then back to your rom (both clean installs) confirms that DSP does indeed work with your rom including through the headphone jack. I am not sure why it quit on me, but it appears to be okay now. I am totally backing this sucker up! :cool:

good idea lol i have a copy of the original recovery up on the server and a copy of the livesuite update on there as well. i also got a couple of mods for it on there as well like google now and the old dsp from cm7 as well as cm9
http://omniimpact.com/android/roms/myfishbear/?dir=/D2pad D201208Bxxxxx SN/Patches

jimc3

Nov 5, 2012
I am very pleased with myfishbear's D2pad rom. Very lightweight.
In addition to removing the bloatware, there are a number of improvements:

1Mobile Market - replaced by Google Play Store
FileExplore - replaced by OI File Manager v1.1.4
Google Music - replaced by Apollo and DSPManager
Kingsoft Office - replaced by Quickoffice v5.0.109
Launcher - 9 mb copy of launcher 2 instead of the stock 17 mb
Super-HD player - replaced by Google Gallery
Pulse - replaced by Google News & Weather v1.3.04.

I installed the recommended apps:

Screen Filter v1.2 (haxor industry) - set to 50% (can it run at startup?)
No-frills CPU Control v1.26r1 (sineo) - set it to min clock 204mhz max clock 1.008ghz interactive gov with noop scheduler for longer battery life

I also installed Google Maps v6.14.1. For My Location to work, you must enable google location services in Settings.

Somewhere on the net someone recommended Better Battery Stats and CPU Spy.

Better Battery Stats 1.11.0.0 - for ICS provides missing battery stats
CPU Spy v0.4.0 - seems to duplicate Better Battery Stats CPU States

CPU Spy and Better Battery Stats CPU States both verify that No-frills CPU is working and if your device is really going into deep sleep.

Better Battery Stats showed many partial wakelocks for AudioOut_1, so I disabled some things in Settings regarding sounds and the partial wakelocks for
AudioOut_1 disappeared.

sound / ringtone and notification - silent
sound / touch sounds - off
sound / screen lock sound - off

I usually turn off wifi when not in use, but I also set wifi / advanced / keep wifi on during sleep = only when plugged in.

I've been happy with the battery life. These stats are for a mixed use of apps that needed wifi and some that did not.

During one 3-hour period my battery dropped from 100% to 54%.
During one 4-hour period my battery dropped from 100% to 15%.
During one 4-hour period my battery dropped from 62% to 1%.

Thanks,
Jim