[ROM] ivyvisors custom rom based on S7V100R001C61B011

ivyvisors

Dec 29, 2010
This is a customized firmware based on the Huawei S7 "Singapore ROM" S7V100R001C61B011

• Android 2.1 Eclair
  • Pre rooted and with su
  • bash (new in 0.05)
  • busybox
  • default launcher replaced with zeam launcher
  • app widget picker installed in /system/app
  • deodexed
  • gallery 3d
  • spare parts
  • quick boot
  • Removed both the Huawei Facebook application and Twidroid
  • Removed the Emotion Widgets

Decided to give this a version 1 moniker now, that I'm pretty happy with everything. To be honest all in all it's just a repack of the "singapore rom" but I've changed a few things, added things that I like.

Bugs:
None that I really Know of:

Download from:
Latest
ivyvisors-S7-v1.00.zip

Previous
ivyvisors-S7-v0.05.zip
ivyvisors-s7-v0.02.zip

Notes:

Why the jump from 0.02 to 0.05?

Well I broke it badly on 0.03 (bootloop) and 0.04 I'd forgotten to add the launcher back.

What's planned?

I have no idea at all. I'm looking at what other's have done with android 2.1, to see what else I can do.

Wishlist:

Huawei releasing 2.2 so I've got a better base =)

Take care

Ivy

Last edited:

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Not sure what significant bugs there would be considering this is pretty much a stock pre-rooted ROM. Sure many can use this though :)

ivyvisors

Dec 29, 2010
Well, things could happen I guess that's why the many? I guess something I might of changed, may have unexpected results.

This is pretty much a stock rom, with the huawei launcher removed, and replaced with zeam launcher.

So from this basis I'm tinkering and trying some things out to see what works well, and what doesnt, so I might have some more customised builds soon.

~Ivy

ivyvisors

Dec 29, 2010
Just updated the rom to 0.05. Made some changes, (.03 & .04 were not working right.) 0.02 is closest to stock so leaving that up. 0.05 has more stuff removed and more added. =)

Have fun and tell me how you all go.

I'm now working on trying now to play around with some of the frameworks, I don't like the huawei status bar, and I'd love to be able to make it look better.

~Ivy

ivyvisors

Dec 29, 2010
What does this have to do with S7 development?

Sent from my Ideos S7

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
It was spam.

I guess I could upload my kernel undervolt kernel. I had a bunch of files and modules I uploaded, but libwebcore was unstable, so I pulled the update.zip. Check your PM.

rictec

Jan 30, 2011
it is very good to do this but can you provide the steps or a guide to what you are doing?
i m trying hard and "failing" hard too to compile a entire rom that boots

thank you

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
ivy repacked his firmware into an update.zip. Similar to this: How to Create Android Update Zip Package | All About Web & Mobile Application Development

Then it's a matter of mixing and matching the files to your liking. There are special files that you do not want to modify, but generally apk files are the easiest to swap. Then kernel swaps, lib swaps, build.prop mods. That's basically what makes a custom ROM. Mix and match... It takes time and trial unless you really know exactly what you want. For example, a common change is updating the Google apps in /system so it doesn't take up space elsewhere. Google maps alone is 5MB, for example.

I wouldn't consider the Google auto setup a bug, since that is default behavior.

ivyvisors

Dec 29, 2010
Hi Rictec,

There's very little compiling done here. All I'm doing is repackaging and modifying the stock rom.

So what we have is a rom based upon the "Singapore rom" of which I've modified a few things. Like removing applications I didn't want or need (facebook for example.) And added things that I wanted.

I'm still learning the android build system so I've not got quite got to building from source as of yet.

~ivy

rictec

Jan 30, 2011
got it my bad
i was thinking you had got razor vendor and kernel and compiled a rom with those ;)

that is very nice and probably will work on my phonehouse version must test it
some fsck on the internal card made me afraid that it will break soon :-s

shanksv

Nov 13, 2010
ivy, trying your.05 version everything seems to be working so far. The 360 degree rotation seems to be missing though.

ivyvisors

Dec 29, 2010
Weird, I don't know why that has gone missing. Will have a look see.

Sent from my Ideos S7

shanksv

Nov 13, 2010
The settings.apk file in the original Singapore ROM is a different size than the one in.05 When I tried to copythat over the settings icon disappears.

ivyvisors

Dec 29, 2010
Odd, I might of grabbed the wrong settings application when going through all of my rooms.

I will try and make a fix tonight, and get it uploaded.

~Ivy