[ROM] M701 avaliable from Haipad (20110111 HY)

mELIANTE

Dec 1, 2010
Haipad released a new firmware for the M701
Couldn't make sense of its descritpion, it's all gibberish but I suppose it's related to available RAM(?)

Translated using google translate:

"Before the default boot Free72MB, freed some of the contents of boot up after the 85MB available
Now boot the default Free101MB, freed after a number of boot is 120MB maximum can be used.
Rocky @ 20110111"

????--www.haipad.net

I'm just waiting for my M701 to charge up so I can try it :)

Megaupload mirror for those who don't like the Haipad link:
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Last edited:

mELIANTE

Dec 1, 2010
I suppose it is...

kernel #142, how can tis be? Latest version was 183 or something...:confused:

My first impression is the system overall response and speed has been improved :)

EDIT: Fak! Dumb move, I installed old version instead of new one LOL

Last edited:

mELIANTE

Dec 1, 2010
Well, now with the correct files selected on FWDN, I get a CRC error in the end and no boot :(

What could it be?

mELIANTE

Dec 1, 2010
Yes, mine is a 2GB version. Maybe that's what they mean with big memory? lol

It was easily fixed, just had to flash previous version. :)

Loonix

Nov 18, 2010
I have to agree.
The error i get after checking the CRC of the tcc890_mtc.img is the same i got with the 'HY' firmware
So this firmware is very probably for the new 4GB Haipads with HY NAND flash.

mELIANTE

Dec 1, 2010
Well then, maybe they'll release a new version for the older model too? Otherwise I'll have to stick with #142 :(

Loonix

Nov 18, 2010
I did just send them a mail with nearly that question '^^
Dear Haipad team

I am the lucky owner of a m701-HDMI 2GB
The device works wonderful and i love the Video and 3D capabilities and the responsivenes of the Touchscreen.

But when i look at the last two firmware releases (20110111 and HY 1221) they both seem to be for the new revision with 4GB Hynix(?) NAND.
Will all future firmware releases be only for that model or will you provide secondary downloads for us 2GB pad owners?

Thank you for building these great devices
Your sincere
Loonix
(please dont slip on my slime trail :p )
I am very curious if i will get any reply.

Dec 30, 2010
I am going to try it now - wish me luck! The 4gb version I believe they released earlier as a different firmware update I tried it on my pad and just got the boot screen and errors were reported in fwdn, but this babe hopefully is the ticket. Will let you know shortly what happens. I am bricking it, (in english bricking it street slang means scared for those that don't know) but I am as excited as a baby with a blanket.

Loonix

Nov 18, 2010
What makes you think this firmware is different from the one on haipad you linked to in the other thread?
If you would have read this thread you would have known that we already established that this firmware is not compatile with at least two 2GB models
and gives the same CRC error message we get when we try to flash the 4GB HY firmware on a 2G model....