ROM Manager and CM7 - Stable and Available

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
So, CM7 now has a stable release built for the GTab (and Nook), which is great news! For those that don't know what this means, Cyanogenmod is probably the biggest builder of ROMs for Android in terms of install base, and their ROMs are extremely well engineered. This new ROM is based on Android 2.3.3 (Gingerbread), and it is now no longer Beta or Experimental.

What is the catch you ask? After all the time we have all been saying DONT use ROM Manager to install it, now we are going to say...."The best way to install the CM7 Build is using ROM Manager." I am currently testing this whole process and will be posting details on it later today hopefully.

In the meantime, if there are any brave souls that also want to take the plunge on this, let us know your results! It really shouldn't be very hard at all.

Cheers,
Peter

Amdusias440

Mar 29, 2011
I am ready to check it out. I didn't see the link to the stable CMZ7 in the ROM sticky. Where do I find it?

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
CM7 Stable for G-Tab was released about 1:30am CST I think, so we have not gotten it added to the ROM list yet

Amdusias440

Mar 29, 2011
pbrauer if that link was in your post when I posted a request for the link, please add "Slow Kids at Play" accomplishment to my profile. LOL

The Wiki shows 2. Blade and Harmony...what's the difference?

Last edited:

Triune

Nov 29, 2010
Thanks pbrauer - tried to dl from the site (both download and mirror) but the link says "The requested URL /cyanogen/harmony/update-cm-7.0.0-Harmony-signed.zip was not found on this server."
Also noted on a thread on the XDA site about modifying the vold.fstab file to change the mounting from emmc/sdcard to sdcard/sdcard2. Will this work on the g tab?

edit - was able to get the dl for the CM7 stable, and pulled down the gapps as well. Do you have an idea as to the vold.fstab modifications?

Last edited:

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
I did not do the vold mod, and I am running nice and smooth. Loving the ROM at the moment.

Mar 24, 2011
Ok, I'm game, been waiting for a stable release..Will report back in a bit.. :)

Edit: Oh well, both links in the Wiki are down. Anyone have an alternative link? Thanks...

Last edited:

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Even though the install from ROM Manager does not seem to work properly, the download does. It will download the app to the Clockwork directory, and you can move it from there...

Mar 24, 2011
Install went fine through method 2 (clockworkmod), since I'm use to doing it this way anyways for the Droid X...

Looks great, fast and stable so far.. :)