ROM MODS working for Flytouch Clone Build WMT2.1_88 - TIPSTIR REQUEST - BOOT mod

lex.alviar

Dec 4, 2010
Been trying to do some flashing on my epad flytouch clone:

model: generic
ram: 256MB
kernel: 2.6.29-00236-g4f8dbbb-dirty
firmware: 1.6
build: WMT2.1_88

Been lucky i have NOT BRICKED it yet after a lot of trials.

The only ROMs that worked are MODS with the following versions:
WMT2.0_88
WMT2.0.1_88

Refs:
TIPSTIRS_[ROM] New 256MB MOD Flytouch 2.0_88 en rooted market
(Google icons)
Apple I PAD - Flytouch 2.0.1_88 fast 256MB + Google Market + Youtube work
(Apple icons)

-TOUCHSCREEN ACTIVE!
-GOOGLE ANDROID MARKET working
-YOUTUBE working
-3G supports WMCDA HUAWEI E220,E230, E169g,E160x,E1750 (MORE 3G USB stick support. supports GLOBE SMART SUN - network providers in my country)

Minor concern:
Can MR. TIPSTIR update the ROM MODs to have the "ANDROID" shine during boot (INSTEAD OF THE "LOADING...").
I dont have a problem with the ROBOT animation. LOGO can be changed easily before flashing. I just have no idea how to
I LOVE what Mr TIPSTIR does on his custom ROMs especially the BOOT SECTION.
Adds elegance to the device.

Thanks.

lex.alviar

Dec 4, 2010
Additional ROM MOD working are:

WMT2.0.0_105_Tipstir's ePad Deluxe ROOTED ROM MOD 7d20108 111010
- highest of the series 7 (7a, 7b - 7f) released by MR. TIPSTIR.
-Touchscreen worked fine
-MARKET, YOUTUBE, etc (a lot of useful preinstalled apps)

ONLY PROBLEM IS THE 3G SUPPORT - limited.
IF ONLY it can be mod to provide the same support : WMCDA HUAWEI E220,E230, E169g,E160x,E1750
-Some users find this useful for mobility - where WIFI is not available.

TIP: "some" MODS resulting to INACTIVE TOUCHSCREEN can be worked around by using MOUSE to get to TOUCH PANEL CALIBRATION. Then resume calibration by touching the panel. Touch screen becomes active after this.

Thanks.

Rohan

Dec 13, 2010
Additional ROM MOD working are:

WMT2.0.0_105_Tipstir's ePad Deluxe ROOTED ROM MOD 7d20108 111010
- highest of the series 7 (7a, 7b - 7f) released by MR. TIPSTIR.
-Touchscreen worked fine
-MARKET, YOUTUBE, etc (a lot of useful preinstalled apps)

ONLY PROBLEM IS THE 3G SUPPORT - limited.
IF ONLY it can be mod to provide the same support : WMCDA HUAWEI E220,E230, E169g,E160x,E1750
-Some users find this useful for mobility - where WIFI is not available.

TIP: "some" MODS resulting to INACTIVE TOUCHSCREEN can be worked around by using MOUSE to get to TOUCH PANEL CALIBRATION. Then resume calibration by touching the panel. Touch screen becomes active after this.

Thanks.

Hi, but unable to locate these ROMs here on this forum. Tried searching for the one's mentioned and couldn't find them. If you have these 3/4 ROMs, can you upload them to a source, where I may be able to download them?

Thanks

r2d2

Nov 23, 2010
I have the same build.

Nice to hear yours has worked using those builds. Whats the benchmark score of your pad after the mod? mine has 390 untouched. Did it have extreme performance?

Monkeynugget

Dec 13, 2010
Hi i was wondering if any of you would mind talking me through how to flash the WMT2.0.0_105_Tipstir's ePad Deluxe ROOTED ROM MOD 7d20108 111010
onto my tablet as i have the same as you guys and dont want to mess it up.

i downloaded both versions on the thread but am unsure about what i put on my sd card and where to go from there

please help

redjge

Dec 27, 2010
hi lex.alviar,

where did you buy your tablet.
i also exprienced this problem flashing. it seems that there are no roms that works properly on my epad. i bought mine from 168.
luckily i found this rom that restored my tablet to working condition.

http://www.mediafire.com/?8imwf2c82pmrh22

this is also a wmt2.1_88 rom

redjge

Dec 27, 2010
Hi i was wondering if any of you would mind talking me through how to flash the WMT2.0.0_105_Tipstir's ePad Deluxe ROOTED ROM MOD 7d20108 111010
onto my tablet as i have the same as you guys and dont want to mess it up.

i downloaded both versions on the thread but am unsure about what i put on my sd card and where to go from there

please help

you'll only need to extract the whole "script" folder to the root of your microSD.
insert the microSD, turn off your tablet then power on, this will start flashing your tablet. :)

bambitgaerlan

Dec 11, 2010
Hi lex.alviar -- maybe you can help me. I have successfully used the MOD Flytouch 2.0_88 en rooted market by tipstir on my tablet with the exact same specs as yours.

However when I tried to apply the SAME rom after 3 weeks in an attempt to bring everything back to square one (too many non-working apps installed, didn't know which to unintsall so decided to re-flash) I find the exact same ROM (saved in a folder on my PC) does not work for flashing the tablet anymore.

The animation hangs at the robot head and square body and no longer proceeds.

I have formatted my card both in quick and full and even from DOS prior to loading the script folder on it and flashing the tablet, but to no avail.

Do you have any ideas for me?

peeweeVF

Jan 11, 2011
Hi,i just want to upgrade my clone android, is ther anyone here who knows where i can download one? tnx

Mem size: 256MB
Model: Generic
FW: 1.6
Build number:WMT2.1_88

mar-yo

Dec 5, 2010
Hi,i just want to upgrade my clone android, is ther anyone here who knows where i can download one? tnx

Mem size: 256MB
Model: Generic
FW: 1.6
Build number:WMT2.1_88

hi, for us who have WMT2.1_88 build there is no other rom than 2.1_88 which works, i tried almost everything from forum and i thought i bricked my fly...but i found a website with our factory rom 2.1_88 and thanks God it works now,so don't try to find anything else (for now,maybe in a few weeks there will be some new available)