[ROM] tri_zet IDEOS_S7 Slim Mod

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
TRZMOD-V3 -- NEW !!

now working for both S7-classic (10X) and S7-Slim (201-GSM), tested on S7-201 GSM indonesian version, except S7-Slim doesn't have Clockwork recovery yet.

trzmod-v3 base on clean and light stock Froyo system, no more Huawei Emotion.

Features :

> Clean and light Froyo system for better performance.
> Gingerbread themed
> Normal size notification bar
> Stable Data2Emmc
- it will automatically use data2ext4 if you have 2nd partition on internal sd card.
- if you dont have 2nd partition on internal sd card, it will not used data2ext, but you can use data2ext later by creating 2nd partition on sd card and do factory reset.
> Repacked Clockwork Mod Recovery (s7-10X only), since it used ext4 for data2ext it use repacked CWM recovery with new kernel supported ext4.
credits goes to koush and goodoane for porting to our device.
> G-sensor Fix
> SRS surround for stock android Movie player
> Preset Equalizer for stock android Music player
> CIFS mount (s7-10X only)-- how to mount network share
> NTFS formatted disk support -USB flash disk/USB HDD (read only) (s7-10X only)-- how to mount NTFS formatted disk
> USB on the go (tested USB flash disk/usb keyboard/USB mouse cable/wireless)
> USB storage automount for FAT32 formatted- mount point /udisk, it will automatically show on stock file manager. NTFS disk need to mount manually.
(automount tested on S7-10X only, need to verify/fix for S7-201 model)
> google Maps 5.9 ownhere version (enable worlwide navigation)
> market 2.3.6 (market 3.1.3 included but not recommended for slow (GPRS/EDGE) connection)
> gallery 3D
> Facebook 1.6.4
> Rooted and busybox installed (during flashing process)
> Deodexed as default

Screenshot

stock launcher

trzmod3-1-1.jpg

usb storage automount

trzmod3-2.jpg

preset equalizer

trzmod3-3.jpg

SRS surround

trzmod3-4.jpg

How to update ?

update to official froyo first if you are using eclair.
if you are using brasilian froyo, update to others froyo first (not tested with brasilian baseband)
if you are using any froyo system others then brasil, continue these steps:

1. download upgrade pack from here : S7_trzmod-v3.zip
2. extract zip file on PC.
3. install Huawei USB driver on PC if you didnt install it yet.
4. enable USB debugging on you tablet.
5. connect/reconnect USB cable if necessary to make sure ADB driver installed properly
6. Run file upgrade.cmd
7. select your model, S7-10x for s7 classic model or S7-201 for slim model
8. follow instruction on the screen.

Known Issue
> kernel version on "about tablet" shows "unavailable" , but it use kernel 2.6.32.9, it shows corectly with other software.

OLDER Version

Trzmod-v2: *S7-Slim-mod-v2
Update/patch for trzmod-v2 : G-sensor-fix.zip

Changelog

Code:
V-0.2
> [B]Stable Data2Emmc [/B]
>[B] Repacked Clockwork Mod Recovery,[/B]
> [B]Fix G-sensor[/B]
> [B]SRS surround[/B] for Huawei Movie player
> [B]Preset Equalizer[/B] for Huawei Music player
> [B]CIFS mount[/B]
> [B]NTFS formatted disk support[/B] -USB flash disk/USB HDD (read only) 
> [B]USB on the go[/B] (tested USB flash disk/usb keyboard/USB mouse cable/wireless)
> modified Huawei Launcher
> modified Framework-res.apk
> google Maps 5.5
> market update
> gallery 3D
> Facebook 1.5.4
> Car Home Launcher
> Rooted and busybox installed
> Deodexed as default

Code:
V-0.1
> Stock kernel from indonesian ROM
> Data2ext2
> stock Ideos S7 slim South Africa as base
> Default launcher and framework
> Rooted and busybox installed
> Deodexed as default

Last edited:

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
Use the same split updata pl, it does not recognize file name but we can identify img file from the size.

Sent from my IDEOS S7 Slim using Tapatalk

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
But if slim got gingerbread, we have to compile kernel by our self that might/might not run on S7 slim system.

Seems light sensor does not work. Test using elixir sometimes it reads the value, sometimes just blank. I guess this is kernel issue. I will try that with others kernel if I have some spare time.

Sent from my IDEOS S7 Slim using Tapatalk

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
Another excellent ROM.
All working on BB 104.
Many thanks tri_zet.

pvella

Dec 20, 2010
Working great. Nice work. There is a lot to like in this ROM.

Sent from my IDEOS S7 Slim using Android Tablet Forum

Jota

May 25, 2011
Tri_zet, will you be able to do a version of your mod with the kernel from the S7V100R001C63B110(Sweden Expert) ROM?
After using all the 2.2 Rom's currently available, I feel the 2.2.2 "Sweden expert" is the one that works best with my capacitive S7_105.
Thanks.

drTaruna

Jun 1, 2011
@Tri-zet
Bro, I am now using v1.2 Indonesian Froyo on my S7-103. The only problem I found was that the screen will rotate 90 degree clockwise every time when I use Google SkyMap. The same problem happened on some similar program as Space Junk and SkyEye but it works well on Star Chart. Playing G-sensor games as Shift and Asphalt gave no problem. I don't know if this was a compatibility issue or hardware problem since none else had mentioned this in the forum I'd searched this far. Could you please give me an information if your ROM has the same problem? Is anyone here ever use SkyMap and what is the experience? Thanks.
Rgds.
T.

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
@Tri-zet
Bro, I am now using v1.2 Indonesian Froyo on my S7-103. The only problem I found was that the screen will rotate 90 degree clockwise every time when I use Google SkyMap. The same problem happened on some similar program as Space Junk and SkyEye but it works well on Star Chart. Playing G-sensor games as Shift and Asphalt gave no problem. I don't know if this was a compatibility issue or hardware problem since none else had mentioned this in the forum I'd searched this far. Could you please give me an information if your ROM has the same problem? Is anyone here ever use SkyMap and what is the experience? Thanks.
Rgds.
T.
Checked this out and yes the shift to the right is seen with Sky Maps.
Is this rotation or orientation as I wouldn't have a clue whether what I'm seeing is accurate or not or whether it's just the captions are incorrectly handled by the app.

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
@Tri-zet
Rgds.
T.

it is common problem on tablets with default orientation landscape.

reading on this blog, i guess the fix should be addressed to software developers, how their application handle orientation on tablets.

i have 2 version of x-plane, the older version have gsensor swapped, while the newer version working properly, it shows the fix applied to the software level.

i read on the other tablets thread, they have fix for this with patching framework.jar and libsurfaceflinger.so.
i tried o patch framework.jar, it was corrected the x and y axis but reading was inverted + and -, and mess up other application that working fine previously.

still have no clue wath patch to do with libsurfaceflinger.so, i think it is better to wait developers make their applications tablets friendly.

drTaruna

Jun 1, 2011
@pa49
Thank you, Bro, for the confirmation. This make me sure that I'm not the only one facing the problem.

@Tri_zet
Thank you for your reference. I should tell you that SkyMap was OK when I still use the original Ecclair Rom. The program ran excellent. It is a very good program indeed. The problem began after I flashed Froyo. I'd tried several version of Froyo I could find here and the result is same. Is it possible to adopt some system files or setting from the original Ecclair to our Froyo? I think it should be some way to fix the system but since I have no experience in cooking rom I don't know what files are safe to be replaced.