[ROM] Unofficial CyanogenMod 10 KK Edition (Beta 5)

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
*** note that they will always be risk in flashing firmware, flash at your own risk ****

Installation Steps

** note that this is only for revision 1(goodix) tablet **

** if you are on CM9/CM10, you can directly flash CM10 **

1. Take note that you need to be on official 4.0.3 firmware(you can get a copy of it here)
2. Install CWM if you do not already have it(you can use KKRomkit9 to install it)
3. Download KK-CM10-B5 (here)
4. Copy CM9 zip file into internal storage or external sdcard
5. Boot into CWM using KKRomkit9
6. Select install zip from CWM

If you are unsure, do feel free to us. Better to know what you are doing before updating firmware.

Most of the things/functions are expected to work.

SPECIAL FUNCTION: Touch Top of screen and swipe down to hide/unhide statusbar

if you wish to try out face recognition or google now, you need to flash google apps(here)

Hightlight

- Added 3G support
- Added 3G tether + portable hotspot
- fix launcher homescreen icon mis-aligned issue
- fix unable to detect external mSD when connected to PC via USB
- virtual menu button always on(green bar on Salad bar)
- saladbar slide up enhancement(See pic)

Known issue:
- rmvb hardware decoding does not work

$7965d1346773770-rom-unofficial-cyanogenmod-10-kk-edition-beta-3-saladbar-control.png

Reference
- many thanks to the Cyanogenmod team
- CWM touch recovery reference from Team Chaos(here)
- A10 CM10 reference from Quarx2k(https://github.com/Quarx2k)
- rob43 for his wonderful work on saladbar.

Attachments

• $notification-panel.-eng.png
    $notification-panel.-eng.png
    136.9 KB · Views: 5,024

vashts

Aug 14, 2012
thanks again man! will give it another go, maybe itll work better this time! any chance of getting rid of the saladbar? i don't really like it...

working great so far! google play keeps closing on me, im coming from your cm9 beta to this. the saladbar does not allow you pull up the notification bar thats the main problem i have with it.

seems google wont sync. do i have to wipe data?

Last edited:

DLung

Sep 23, 2012
Your Cyanogen Mod 9 KK Edition Beta 7 works perfectly on my Teclast P76ti (Version 1), so I decided to try the Mod 10 Beta 5. Overall, I was very impressed with the performance. I found a few issues, some of which may be due to JB itself.

One minor issue is that when moving from landscape to portrait mode half of the icons on either side extend past the side of the screen and the green salad bar line is split between the two ends.

More serious, I can crash settings by touching "Set up Input Methods" in Language & Input | Keyboard and Input Methods | Default. As a result, I'm stuck with the English version of the Chinese keyboard. This may be related to the built-in Google Pinyin IME application. Attempting to install another keyboard (Smart Keyboard Pro) also crashes Settings when attempting to change the default input. The Pinyin keyboard isn't that bad, but other options would be nice.

NPR News actually works, which is very rare, although as expected sites that require Adobe Flash fail.

I didn't see any problems with Google Play, other than the ESC (Back) key not always working. That's easily fixed by using the toolbar at the top to go back to APPS or do a new search. I did clear data and do a factory reset before loading CWM 10.

Thank you very much for bringing Cyanogen to the P76ti! It is amazing to see JB running smoothly on this device before a reliable version has been released for my newer Ramos W17Pro!

...Doug

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
Your Cyanogen Mod 9 KK Edition Beta 7 works perfectly on my Teclast P76ti (Version 1), so I decided to try the Mod 10 Beta 5. Overall, I was very impressed with the performance. I found a few issues, some of which may be due to JB itself.

One minor issue is that when moving from landscape to portrait mode half of the icons on either side extend past the side of the screen and the green salad bar line is split between the two ends.

More serious, I can crash settings by touching "Set up Input Methods" in Language & Input | Keyboard and Input Methods | Default. As a result, I'm stuck with the English version of the Chinese keyboard. This may be related to the built-in Google Pinyin IME application. Attempting to install another keyboard (Smart Keyboard Pro) also crashes Settings when attempting to change the default input. The Pinyin keyboard isn't that bad, but other options would be nice.

NPR News actually works, which is very rare, although as expected sites that require Adobe Flash fail.

I didn't see any problems with Google Play, other than the ESC (Back) key not always working. That's easily fixed by using the toolbar at the top to go back to APPS or do a new search. I did clear data and do a factory reset before loading CWM 10.

Thank you very much for bringing Cyanogen to the P76ti! It is amazing to see JB running smoothly on this device before a reliable version has been released for my newer Ramos W17Pro!

...Doug

Thanks for the feedback. The out of screen icons issue is fixed in Beta 6(I dont release the latest here since I perceived that there is only a handful of users :).

I suspect that the input method could be due to removal of the default IME. I will take a look since you are already the second users to report it.

As for the google play, I have no difficulty doing a back key. Although I hardly need to use the hardkeys as I use the salad bar soft back key.

TabletFu

Sep 24, 2012
Hello KillerKink,

Thanks for your hard work. I really appreciate it. I previously used CyanogenMod 7.2.0 KK, but couldnt get used to GB so installed Teclasts own ICS version. That ran like a steam train without coals. Horrible, but usable.

After replacing the digitizer due to an accident, i started looking for an update and found the newest Teclast ICS working quite smoothly, but this CM10 beta5 Rom is even smoother.

I do want to indicate that i also had the same keyboard crash issue as previous poster, but solved it by installing different keyboard ("Hackers keyboard"). But this only worked after i restored the factory settings, if i remember correctly. Also disabled the Google Pinyin keyboard, but that is just because i like to keep the system lean and mean.

Everything works fine and fast. I just have issues with Google Play Store. I get the invalid file error, but this doesnt seem to be happening with only this particular ROM.

Like previous poster indicated. the back button doesnt seem to react allways, but this happened to me in all roms.

I like rob43's saladbar. Though in the beginning it is hard to remember what each button does. Maybe it would be nice to have the button displayed very lightly so you can see what button it is despite the notification icons.

And one last thing. I love that i can now use the tablet fullscreen just like in GB, but now it is in CM. So the best of 2 worlds.

I look forwared to Beta6.

Edit: One more thing. I couldnt change the tablet DPI. I dont know if there is a way to do that in the GUI, but i tried the Allwinner app. that didnt work. Then i tried the build.prop?, but the value wasnt there. but after adding it and restarting, the tablet was set to 120dpi instead of the phone dpi.

Last edited:

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
Hello KillerKink,

Thanks for your hard work. I really appreciate it. I previously used CyanogenMod 7.2.0 KK, but couldnt get used to GB so installed Teclasts own ICS version. That ran like a steam train without coals. Horrible, but usable.

After replacing the digitizer due to an accident, i started looking for an update and found the newest Teclast ICS working quite smoothly, but this CM10 beta5 Rom is even smoother.

I do want to indicate that i also had the same keyboard crash issue as previous poster, but solved it by installing different keyboard ("Hackers keyboard"). But this only worked after i restored the factory settings, if i remember correctly. Also disabled the Google Pinyin keyboard, but that is just because i like to keep the system lean and mean.

Everything works fine and fast. I just have issues with Google Play Store. I get the invalid file error, but this doesnt seem to be happening with only this particular ROM.

Like previous poster indicated. the back button doesnt seem to react allways, but this happened to me in all roms.

I like rob43's saladbar. Though in the beginning it is hard to remember what each button does. Maybe it would be nice to have the button displayed very lightly so you can see what button it is despite the notification icons.

And one last thing. I love that i can now use the tablet fullscreen just like in GB, but now it is in CM. So the best of 2 worlds.

I look forwared to Beta6.

Edit: One more thing. I couldnt change the tablet DPI. I dont know if there is a way to do that in the GUI, but i tried the Allwinner app. that didnt work. Then i tried the build.prop?, but the value wasnt there. but after adding it and restarting, the tablet was set to 120dpi instead of the phone dpi.

I dont really understand the part on google play having the "invalid file error". Perhaps a screenshot might help to clarify. Actually, when you touch the saladbar, there is a light up of back/home/recent icon(it quite easy to remember as they are position exactly like the tablet). Sometimes, the icon does not show up which i will try to find out why when i have the time for it.

yes, you can change the dpi by setting it in build.prop. The default dpi is 160. By the way, it will not change to phoneui as salad bar is hardcoded to the rom.

TabletFu

Sep 24, 2012
I reformatted the tablet again, since it seems installing Chainfire3d 3.3 makes sure that the printer hangs on the second bootlogo with the white and blue. I could install Chainfire on ICS, but apparently nog on JB.

And seems i cant use keyboard until i install a keyboard (hackers keyboard) from apk and then enabling that keyboard in settings. if you try to change "input settings", settings crashes. so just selecting the new keyboard in settings works better.

anyway. the Google Play error is gone. I was at work at first, so i didnt remember the error correctly. the error was "Package file is invalid". FYI. Error screenshot
The error is gone anyway.

I love the salad bar. Especially since its so colorful. I know that when you touch the salad bar it displays the icon, but i meant that it would be nicer if the icon would always be visible but just very seethrough. Its fine anyway since i will remember what each color means some day. haha

Last edited:

mauri72

Jul 28, 2012
I have not tried this yet, but hopefully next weekend I should have the time to flash it. However, I just wanted to throw in a suggestion for Kink's next project......Paranoid Android? Feasible? Obviously I am not expecting anything, and this is just a friendly suggestion! Thanks for your great work on this little tablet.
Mauri

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
I have not tried this yet, but hopefully next weekend I should have the time to flash it. However, I just wanted to throw in a suggestion for Kink's next project......Paranoid Android? Feasible? Obviously I am not expecting anything, and this is just a friendly suggestion! Thanks for your great work on this little tablet.
Mauri

What features are you looking for in the Paranoid Android?

mauri72

Jul 28, 2012
I have it on my Nexus 7 and I like the way you can define the size and layout of each individual app independently.

javed_iqbal

Aug 20, 2013
I have unfortunately install this firmware on cm10 (A13 All-winner Tablet) and now my tablet is dead. it cannot power on, why
Please help me how can i restore it back to original cm10...