[ROM][WIP][AMPE][NOVA] Phoenix A31 1.00

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
PHOENIX ROM A31 Quad Core Android Tablet
Android Jelly Bean Allwinner A31 Quad Core ROM Firmware
$Cc-phoenix.jpg
$nova_10_android4.2_tablet_pc.jpg$nova_10_android4.2_tablet_pc1.jpg

This rom is designed for the NOVA device, you are welcome to try it on other A31's however make sure you have backups or original firmware.
NOVA 10 OEM Quad Core Allwinner ARM Cortex v7 A31 2GB DDR3 RAM

Downloads:
http://dorkfiles.com/nova-10-1-a31-android-tablet-custom-rom/

The NOVA 10 is a OEM edition of the AMPE SANEI Allwinner quad core tablets to our knowledge, it comes unbranded with a alloy based backing and plastic front, aside from a few quirks the tablet is very reliable when flashed with the proper firmware to allow better play store access, more language packs and overall a better android experience for a user looking for a ROM they can jump right into then this will be the ROM for you.
The phoenix A31 ROM by Tragidy over at Androidtablets is exclusive to both androidtablets and dorkfiles, if you get the ROM from any other mirrors or download links then we have not authorized such replication for hosting and consider them to be altered, you should always download the latest A31 NOVA rom directly from dorkfiles.com as this is the only download location authorized.

ROM Highlights and Features

Public Release 1.07

• Gmail Updated
  • Ptch Lky Removed
  • standard clock speeds do not OC past 1200
  • AdAway Implemented
  • Newer pre-blocked hosts file
  • Google Search & Voice Updated
  • Optimized recovery and boot

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by tragidy

• Initial First Release, don’t expect miracles!
  • Flash-able with Phoenix Suit!
  • Rooted
  • Market should be 99.99% complete
  • Default English ROM
  • Super User APK Implemented
  • GPU will now use all 8 virtual cores even on older GL games
  • Default 1104mhz up from 1008
  • Various Kernel Optimizations
  • YouTube HD
  • Preloaded hosts file
  • DEODEX
  • Zip-aligned
  • Market Enabler Region Unlocked
  • PatchLucy Adobe Flash Hulu!
  • Many other small tweaks…..

Known Bugs and Issues
TBD

Roadmap
Plans to expand upon the kernel and operating system to 4.1.2 or 4.2.1
Change partition for system to 2.0GB instead of 1.0
Overclock past 1.25ghz

Attachments

• $samsung-galaxy-note-10-tablet.jpg
    $samsung-galaxy-note-10-tablet.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 5,405
Last edited:

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
Change log:

Version 1.09

• Revert driver sync newer driver does not clear assets
  • Dalvik reduced once again
  • Screen is more responsive
  • Random entropy in the 4096
  • Stop all Google stats
  • Stop all Google tracking
  • Back up to 10 point touch ( for now )
  • Added new playstore apk red edition, inverted no region.

Private Test Version 1.08

• Sync driver updates from PWRV
  • Dalvik reduced by 75%
  • Stop random check in
  • opt-out public stats
  • Screen responsiveness attempt
  • Touch to 5-point down from 10
  • Modular patching now possible...
  • Overall user interface is faster open/close apps
  • Added ES File Manager
  • Added ES Task Killer

Public Release 1.07

• Gmail Updated
  • Ptch Lky Removed
  • standard clock speeds do not OC past 1200
  • AdAway Implemented
  • Newer pre-blocked hosts file
  • Google Search & Voice Updated
  • Optimized recovery and boot

Version 1.00 Internal

• Initial First Release, don’t expect miracles!
  • Flash-able with Phoenix Suit!
  • Rooted
  • Market should be 99.99% complete
  • Default English ROM
  • Super User APK Implemented
  • GPU will now use all 8 virtual cores even on older GL games
  • Default 1104mhz up from 1008
  • Various Kernel Optimizations
  • YouTube HD
  • Preloaded hosts file
  • DEODEX
  • Zip-aligned
  • Market Enabler Region Unlocked
  • PatchLucy Adobe Flash Hulu!
  • Many other small tweaks…..

Last edited:

Dvalin21

Oct 28, 2010
Confirmed I will be working with a Nextway F9X Quad Core Retina A31 invoice paid, shipping out via EMS should not be too long folks..

Hello tragidy,

I saw your post on another forum and wanted to inquire and see if you could also help us. See there are many users who have purchased the Onda V972 which has the exact same features except the cameras on ours is bigger (2mp in front, 5mp in back). We are hopping that when you get started and if you could keep us in mine. We believe that this could be an epic event for both the nextway users and Onda users. You will see many other users from onda group watching and posting here periodicity Let us know as you get started if you need any help or need testers. I'm still waiting to order my Onda due to funds issue :(, but when first able to I will be right with the others. Thanks in advance.

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
Hello tragidy,

I saw your post on another forum and wanted to inquire and see if you could also help us. See there are many users who have purchased the Onda V972 which has the exact same features except the cameras on ours is bigger (2mp in front, 5mp in back). We are hopping that when you get started and if you could keep us in mine. We believe that this could be an epic event for both the nextway users and Onda users. You will see many other users from onda group watching and posting here periodicity Let us know as you get started if you need any help or need testers. I'm still waiting to order my Onda due to funds issue :(, but when first able to I will be right with the others. Thanks in advance.

This device was not availibe anywhere, so as seen in another post I will more than likely be developing on the NOVA generic or ( truth a Ainol spark OEM ) so I will not be working with the retina display after all, however who knows we may indeed be able to help still waiting to get device in my hands.

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
Thanks for the response tragidy. I didn't think that the Ainol novo 9 was that different from the Onda V972. The only thing I had noticed was the battery life. Either way, do you think he screen driver from the Onda v972 could be side loaded? Thanks again :)

Maybe it can and I hope it can! I wont know much more until I get the device and get it hooked up in my development room :)

ToniMarki

Feb 1, 2013
Many thanks to you tragidy of tablet site your work make elf run well now we all wait for time of you to make quad core version for peoples of device ownerSorrry bad english you leave old china forum for this one now I here with no sense yet

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
Hey Toni glad to see you were able to make it over to this board, my NOVA A31 project is exclusive to this site except for repost etc, but the offical release stream will be this thread, don't worry about the English its understandable my Chinese is not so good but i made due for years over there :)

You should let the rest of the gang know that this is where I am posting these days too as I'm sure lots of em are gonna zerg rush for A31 related devices over there in China!

androidjedi

Jan 30, 2013
If this development goes good, and you manage to get win8 or even linux onto this tablet dual boot, I might consider getting myself one, as the one I got is for my girlfriend.

What is your progress so far, simply working with the image, is it easy to extract and divide up between kernel and the rest?

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
If this development goes good, and you manage to get win8 or even linux onto this tablet dual boot, I might consider getting myself one, as the one I got is for my girlfriend.

What is your progress so far, simply working with the image, is it easy to extract and divide up between kernel and the rest?

Sometimes its easy, right now the dump of img to FEX is not fully working, once i get the tablet it may be easier since i can open it up and jtag

ly1ng

Feb 1, 2013
anyone gets boot.img dump? I want to compile cwm recovery mod but i can't get dump!!